Chapter 10

A/N: Please read the the author's note at the end. It is very important for you readers to read it and know what I plan for this story in the future so you won't be confused.

Happy Reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 10: Suit & Tie

Her heart was beating rapidly as she graced the floor by his side. She wasn't use to being the center of attention but she was loving the feel of it. Even with her long flowing white dress that was tightly on her curvy body, Tara felt naked with all eyes on her. Or we're all eyes on him.

To her, he was the most sexiest man in the building. In his black Armani suit, a crisp white shirt and black tie, Nathan looked nothing but handsome. One hand in his pocket and another around Tara's curvy frame, they stood side by side for the paparazzi to take their pictures.

As the night began, she felt a little self conscious standing by Nathan's side. She knew that everyone was wondering who she is and what was she doing with Nathan Phillip. The question was in the air yet nobody was bold enough to ask. Tara was thankful for that. Being on the spot was not what she wanted.  

The night was in full swing and Nathan made sure that Tara felt comfortable. With her on his arm and many men glancing their way, Nathan wanted her to be relaxed and calm. Grabbing two flute of champagne from a nearby attendant tray, he handed on over to her.

"I probably shouldn't drink," Tara stated. "I don't do well with alcohol."

Even though she refused, Nathan pushed the glass in her hand so she could accept it. "One glass," he promised her. "You need to relax and this is the perfect way to do so.”

Putting the rim of the glass to her lips, Tara looked up at Nathan who continued to look at her. She sighed deeply right before taking a sip of her beverage. He gave her a small and took her head, strolling through the crowds of people.

\

What Tara did love was when he introduced her to everyone as Tara Evans the founder and head chef at Versatile Kitchen. That seemed the open the door wider for acceptance. Soon, everyone wanted to know who was standing beside Nathan Phillips and dragged her away from him. She met so many people and she was out of business cards that she so happened to bring with her, but she gave the ones who didn't get one her number.

It seemed like the night went by so fast. Soon, without Nathan knowledge, she had at least four glasses of champagne. Flopping down at their assigned table, Tara was starting to feel a buzz.

On the other side of the room, Nathan was conversing with his best friend and coworker Alex Johnson and longtime friend Ethan Harris.

Alex was just a popular sports manager and worked with Nathan at the agency. Aside from having a work relationship, the two have know each other since their high school days. Alex was standing at 6'4 with a light caramel complexion. He could have easily been mistaken as a make model than working in the sports industry. His eyes were a deep dark brown and his hair was cut short in a fade showing his waves. He wore a Dolce & Gabbana, top-of-the-line the piece black pinstripe suit