Chapter 3

When Tara came back out of her office after changing her chef coat for her leather jacket, Nathan was nowhere to be found. Maybe he finally got the hint that she didn't want to go to lunch with him.

"He's outside!" Angelo yelled at her and smiled, then going back to work.

Coming out of the kitchen, Tara made her way through the busy dining room where dozens of diners were ordering, drinking and eating their meals. Coming outside to the warm atmosphere, she saw Nathan leaning up against a black limousine. He was on the phone while his left arm was crossed over his right one. He looked all business from a distance and Tara couldn't help but stare in amazement at how good he looked.

"Just reschedule it for me and tell him I had a family emergency," he barked at whoever it was on the other line. He must have sense her arrival because he stopped and looked at her. "I gotta go," he voiced. Stuffing the phone in his pockets and stepped back and opened the door for Tara to get in.

"Company car?" She asked.

"No, it's mine," he said simply to her. Once she was in the limo, he also slid against the seat and closed the door. Nathan tapped the glass in front of them. "To Geoffrey's," he instructed the driver.

At his request, the limo pulled away from the curb and into light traffic. Tara was still kicking herself in her head for giving in to him. She should have said no and to hell with his threats, but other than the fact that she had her business on the line, something about him just pulled her in. Tara inched her way over to the window to put more space between them, but it seemed that Nathan didn't get the memo as he continued to move closer.

"So Ms.Evans," he began. "What made you want to become a chef and own a restaurant."

"What's it to you?" She asked trying to contain her angry.

Nathan smirked. "Well I guess because we are going to be working together for the next couple of weeks, I thought it would be great to get to know each other," he explained.

Tara continued to stare out of the window, not daring to look at him. "It was just something I was good at," she swallowed deeply.

One thing Tara knew, was that she didn't want him in her business as far as her personal life was concern. She was just fine with Angelo, the restaurant and herself. She had no time for extra company a far as she was concerned. Tara had a feeling that Nathan wanted to be more than business with her and she didn't understand why. She was barely average on the attractive scale.

"That's it?" He asked sounding surprise. "Or you just don't want to make conversation."

"I knew you were smart," Tara said sarcastically.

Nathan chuckled. He was going to respond to her but the car came to a stop, a valet opened the door for him and he got out. Taking Tara's hand by surprise, she had not choice but to follow his lead. She was starting to get too comfortable with her hand in his, so Tara tried to get out of his hold. Nathan knew and expected her to try and withdraw but he was having none of it as he held on to her hand harder.

He guided her inside the restaurant where he took her to a private dining room, a table in the center that was secluded from the main restaurant. Once they were settled, a waiter came by and took their orders and left. Tara couldn't stop thinking about how it felt like she was on a date with Nathan because of the dreamy and romantic setting he choose.

"This seems like the type of place where you need a reservation," she said.

"Yes indeed," he told her. "I been had this reservation."

She raised an eyebrow at Nathan. "I meet you today?"

"Once you left, I made a reservation."

"So you just automatically assume I would say 'yes'?" Tara inquired.

Nathan smirked. "Well you're here, right?" He flirted.

She had a feeling that once she was alone with him that he would again put on his player act. Even the fact the that his father was next to him didn't stop him on his advances towards her. She could tell he was a man that got what he wanted when he wanted it. Too bad it's not going to work on Tara. Or so she thought to herself.

Tara slightly bite her lip and looked away. Meanwhile Nathan was trying to control himself before he jumped over the table to capture her taunting lips.

When the waiter arrived with their drinks and appetizer. Tara skipped everything and went straight for her drink. She knew she had to go back to work in a couple of hours and that all it took was one cup of wine to get her buzzed. So she took small sips of it.

"Your very beautiful, Ms. Tara Evans," he complimented her.

It was true. All the women he's been with, she was more beautiful, then them all combine. She was definitely in a category of her own and something about her was making Nathan yearn for her soft skin underneath him. He couldn't wait.

Tara snorted. "Let's just cut to the chase shall we?" She suggested. "Why am I here? I know it has nothing to do with my services for your company."

Nathan took a slip of his wine and sat it down. "Actually it as everything to do with your services," he reasured her. "It's just that since I'm helping you complete your dream, I'm not getting anything in return."

She was confused. "What are you talking about?" Tara asked. "I'm catering for the Christmas party and-"

"That's not for me, per se," Nathan rubbed his chin and sat back in his chair trying to analyze her. " Thats for the company, and Tara I don't like sharing."

"Then what are you talking about?"

Nathan held a serious expression. "Tara, for the next month, I want you to be my personal escort. And not just for events," he explained. "For my sexual needs as well."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Short but straight to the point update. Hope you like. I'll try to upload before next Monday but no promises. I have one exam this week and one next week.

What do you think about Nathan's proposition for Tara? Bribe...

Let me know what you think??

Please Comment

Vote

&& Fan! ;)

~Vicky xoxo