"Do you...do you feel it too?" Lucy asked in barely a whisper.

Lauren opened her eyes only to be met with large brown ones. She nodded softly, not feeling the need to hide whatever it was that she felt towards the brunette. All this time she thought she was the weird and disgusting one for feeling how she did about her best friend but it turns out she felt the same way. She didn't feel so alone in the confusion.

"Good," She responded in the same tone as her eyes left Lauren's to focus on her lips.

Lauren licked them unconsciously, training her eyes on Lucy's. Her full pinks lips were there for Lauren to take. Her fantasies of kissing her was actually becoming reality yet she couldn't force herself to make the first move.

What if this changed everything? What if this causes their friendship to break apart? What if their parents found out? Would they still let Lauren see Lucy? Would they freak out at the possibility that Lauren could be gay?

"I'm going to kiss you, alright?" Lucy said in a hushed tone.

All Lauren could do was nod before she felt Lucy's plush lips pressing against her own. It took her a moment to register what was happening before she kissed back with the same pressure. The kiss wasn't hard or needy but it was soft and innocent. It was the kind of kiss that you'd remember years down the road because of the intimacy of it. It was the kind of kiss that you'd be reminded of always because it was the first that mattered. At least it did for Lauren.

Lucy moved her lips softly against Lauren's, trapping her bottom lip between her own lips. Lauren sighed in pleaser before finally moving her hands from their position on the bed to cup Lucy's cheek. She felt like the air was getting sucked out of her but she don't want to stop. Lucy's lips were heavenly and better than she imagined.

But eventually they broke away to come up for air. Their chests were moving slightly and Lucy was the first to break into giggles. Lauren followed soon after, her hands still cupping the brunettes cheek softly.

No words were needed in this moment and Lauren was beyond happy. She was glad she decided to stay home instead of go out with her siblings. She was glad Lucy's parents were out and that she invited her over. She was glad she had those stupid feelings for a while because it only meant she'd get to share her actual first kiss with someone that mattered. She was glad she had Lucy.

-

Nearly two years has passed since that unforgettable day and all Lauren could say was that Lucy has gotten more and more beautiful as the days passed.

She shut her locker, leaned against it, and waited for her best friend to meet her. Lucy was laughing along to something the girl besides her said. She had her books tucked underneath her arm, for some reason that Lauren could never understand why she refused to use backpacks. Her brunette hair grew longer over the summers and it flowed freely down her back.

Lauren finally caught her eye and she waved giving a small smile. Lauren grinned like an idiot as Lucy bid goodbye to her friend and made her way over to where the younger girl was standing.

"Hey you!" She greeted happily, linking their arms together.

Lauren glanced at her side profile as they began walking, "Where is our adventure taking us today?"