Chapter 3: Powers?

(Alexandria's POV)

 Pain rushed through my body. I remember being in a fight then being locked in place as Mitch knocked me out with a single touch. Magical Powers? I don't know. I opened my eyes and readjusted to the light. It was a familiar room for sure but I was in a small jail cell. I lifted my arm hearing a chain and the weight around my wrist telling me I was in shackles. I looked at where the chain went and it was connected to the wall. I looked at my other wrist and it was the same way.

 "Well, our little devil woke up." Preston was sitting outside the door to the cell. "I guess I am." I stayed limp against the wall my body still resisting my actions. "Mitch put you under a spell, you won't be moving for a while. Until then I might as well have some fun." He grinned standing and opening the door. "You step near me and you will regret it." I said slowly. What was I thinking? I can't move? Or can I...

 "Yeah right, you can't move for hours." He stepped closer leaning down to me. I tried moving my arm to smack him but like he said I was stuck. He kissed me on the cheek and I could feel the anger build up. I raised my arm and smacked him across the face. He looked at me shocked and then ran to shut the cell door.

 "Mitch, she is a devil! Hurry up and get down here!" Preston yelled. Mitch came running down the staircase as I stood up in the small cell. They started whispering where I couldn't hear it. I saw Preston's eyes light into a bright red flame as he looked at me. Was I surrounded by a bunch of cursed people? What was I to do? I can't fight them.

 "You. You broke through the spell. How?" Mitch looked at me infuriated. "I..I don't know. I got angry then it broke." I managed to spit out. "Hrmm, indeed it is some power." Mitch walked away leaving Preston in the basement.

 "You're dead to me. You hear? This is the SECOND time you smacked me. You won't do it a third time." Preston yelled at me. I was worried as his flame never went out in his eyes. I looked into his hand and I could see something glowing. Knowing he was the lava mob I got extremely worried. He noticed I was staring at his hand and I saw the glow and the fire in his eyes go out. He turned and went back up stairs.

 I curled up in the corner of the cell shivering. I felt like something happened that shouldn't have. How was I able to move? That spell shouldn't have broken for hours. I tried to get into a comfortable position to sleep but as I laid on the cold ground I felt the concrete warm beneath me.