Chapter 2: Why?

(Alexandria's POV)

 About 15 minutes later after the boys all had left the basement Lachlan and Preston came down. They walked over to me grinning to each other. I saw they both had a pocketknife. "So, our little girl ready to be let go?" Preston's voice seemingly calm said. "I think so, she hasn't tried anything." Lachlan responded with a wide smile. Preston reached down and cut the rope tying my left hand to the table and Lachlan did the same for my right. I pulled back my wrists and I could see where the rope had cut into them leaving a burn. Lachlan took the gag out of my mouth and I wanted to bite him so much but I decided not to.

 "W..w..what are you going to do with me?" I stuttered out shaking. "Oh, were just going to watch you suffer." It was Preston and he was sitting down in one of the chairs spinning the knife. I sat there shaking at the thought. Lachlan had already left the basement. Preston stood and walked over to where I was still sitting. He towered over me as he looked down to me. "Someone so beautiful like you shouldn't get hurt. I wouldn't want your face getting cut." He said holding the knife against my cheek. I could feel the coolness of the blade as it rested there. I could feel the tears swelling in my eyes. "Is someone scared of a little knife?" He taunted pressing the knife just hard enough to make a slight cut above my cheek. The burning of the cut made me burst into tears as I smacked the blade out of his hand and pushed him to the ground. I heard the boys come down as I jumped out to grab the knife. Mitch was the first down the stairs and saw what had happened.

 "Young girl, drop the knife. You don't need to get hurt." It was Jerome. His voice trying to stay calm. I didn't realize Lachlan had walked behind me and he grabbed my arm as I spun catching his arm with the blade. He screamed in pain as I dropped into a fighting position. I was in Karate for a few years when I was younger and I was in the weapons class. Vikk ran to Lachlan to make sure he was okay. Preston was still knocked out from being hit. Jerome tried to attack me next but he got caught with the knife in the shoulder making a whimpering sound as he backed off. Mitch was the last one, but I noticed Mitch's eyes went from the usual brown to a deep green. He walked up to me but when I tried to move I realized I was stuck. He reached out to me and touched my shoulder sending a sudden bolt of pain through me. I collapsed on the floor as the world spun around me turning darker and darker.