Lauren

Waking up at 2 in the afternoon on a Sunday is something I'm going to have to get used to again. During softball season, our major games are on Saturday but we have a few minor games here and there scattered throughout the week. After the Saturday games we normally go out partying afterwards which results in getting back in the early hours of the morning. Therefore, I don't usually get up until after lunch time on Sunday's. I was thanking my lucky stars we don't have practice today. All the more time to stay in bed and waste all my time on social media.

I groaned and rolled out from under my covers but quickly dove back under when I realized just how cool it was in my room. I must have turned the air down before I went to bed. I groaned again, I was kinda hungry but I just couldn't bring myself to get up yet.

After bundling myself back up in my covers, I reached over and unplugged my phone so I could roll over onto my other side. After getting comfortable again, I hit the home button on my iPhone 6 causing the screen to light up. Once my eyes got adjusted to the brightness of my phone, I clicked on my Twitter App. I follow a few singers and some fans of mine. As I was scrolling through the timeline, nothing interesting caught my eye. The singers were talking about their tours and the fans were talking about my home run yesterday. I seen a few people asking for follows so since I wasn't busy I decided to do a follow spree. I sent out a tweet to tell my fans that I'd be following people for the next 10 minutes. As I was following people I got a text from one of my best friends and fellow teammates, Ashlynn.

Ashlynn- "Hey! How are you feeling after last night?"

(Y/N) - "I only had one drink so I'm not hungover at all lol wbu?"

Ashlynn - "Girl...My head feels like an elephant sat on it. I had way to much to drink last night. I don't even remember any of it except for a certain someone that obviously caught your attention...so, who was she?"

What?.....ohhh, crap. Lauren. Fuck, where's my jacket? I started frantically looking around my room to find the jacket that I had carelessly thrown off last night. Thankfully I found it near the edge of my bed. I unbundled an arm and reached over to find the napkin that had her number on it. Once I dug it out of the pocket, a huge smile appeared on my face and I completely forgot that I was talking to Ashlynn until my phone dinged again.

Ashlynn- "Hello...You there? Or are you just not wanting to tell me?"

I, of course, wasn't going to tell her that I had talked to Lauren and now had her phone number. Ash would never shut up about it and then she'd some how "accidentally" tell the rest of the team and I'd definitely never hear the end of it then. I wasn't the one known for having a significant other around very often. Matter of fact, I've only dated two other people...One guy and one girl. Neither one worked out but thankfully they weren't messy breakups.

(Y/N) - "Sorry, but yeah. She sat next to me so we just talked for a little. I didn't even get her name so nothing to get all excited about."

Ashlynn- "oh, well damn...I thought maybe you found someone. Well, I'll let you get back to whatever you were doing then. I'm gonna go try to sleep this hangover away."

(Y/N) - "Alright sleeping beauty go get your beauty rest. I'll see you at practice tomorrow."

After sending that last text, I debated whether or not I should text Lauren or not. I didn't want to seem overly attached or interested just in case she was just being nice. I debated back and forth for a few minutes before deciding why not? It couldn't hurt. I opened the messaging app and tapped on the symbol that would allow me to create a new message. I looked back down at the napkin, and carefully typed each number in carefully to make sure I had the right numbers. Now for the message, what am I suppose to say? Hi, how are you? No that wouldn't work. Ughh...

(Y/N) - "Hey! This is (Y/N)...from the club last night."

Of course that sounds like the stupidest text in text history. I honestly don't know what to say.

Unknown Number - "Hey! I was beginning to think you weren't going to text me."

I saved her name in my phone as Lauren with a green heart next to it. I was never one to go all crazy with the emojis and crazy names so I just left it at that.

(Y/N) - "I didn't leave the club till early this morning so I've been asleep all day. Anyway, I would never pass up the chance to talk to someone as beautiful as you."

My hunger finally won over so I tossed my phone onto the pillow beside me and made my way out of bed, still wrapped in a blanket, and went to the kitchen to find something to eat. There was literally nothing but some grapes, half a box of ice cream and a small box of cereal left food wise. I slumped back up to my room and just decided to order a pizza, it'd be easier and I wouldn't have to cook so it's a double win for me. I picked my phone up and continued texting Lauren until the pizza guy got here.

----------

The rest of my day pretty much was spent with me laying in bed all day, eating pizza and watching old Disney movies on Netflix. Me and Lauren talked all day and she seems like an interesting person, someone I could really get along well with. She was intelligent and really passionate about what she believed in and I absolutely love that and find it really attractive. I also found out that she used to play softball when she was in high school so that was pretty amazing. I didn't tell her that I played professionally because I wanted to really get to know her before I bring that up. I was pulled out of my thoughts by my phone lighting up.

Coach J - "I'm gonna need all of you to show up to practice an hour earlier this week. Our first conference game is Saturday and we're playing the Texas Angels so we need to be on our A game. Y'all know this is our biggest rival and the game everyone gets all excited about so let's make the best of it."

That's weird, we don't normally play them until close to the end of the season. It's a really big game for us and everybody in town gets real excited and makes a big deal out of it. A group of locals normally throw a big party before the game as a way of getting everyone pumped up and then there's normally a popular singer that sings the national anthem and all. I wonder who it's gonna be this year, last year they had Lady Gaga and I may or may not have fangirled a little. The singer is normally invited to stay for the game and their allowed to come meet all of us so it's pretty cool.

It was getting pretty late so I figured I'd head to bed. I grabbed my phone and went through all my social media sites one last time before going back to my messages to text Lauren a good night. That wouldn't be trying to hard would it?

(Y/N) - "Goodnight Lauren, I hope you get a good nights rest and that you have sweet dreams."

I left it at that because I didn't want to come off as annoying or anything and layed down, snuggling back into my covers. After a few minutes, I figured she wasn't going to text me back so with a disappointed sigh I turned over and started to drift off to sleep.

Right before I fell asleep I heard the familiar ding of an incoming text and rolled over quickly...so quick that I rolled right off the edge of the bed. I groaned and got up rubbing my head where it hit the floor. Grabbing my phone, I snuggled back up in bed. After hitting the home button and adjusting my eyes to the brightness, I opened the messaging app in hopes that it was Lauren.

Lauren💚 - "Goodnight (Y/N), I hope you have a great night as well. I really enjoyed talking with you today and hope we can carry our conversation on tomorrow."

A squeal escaped from me and I quickly slammed my hand over my mouth surprised. I have never gotten this excited over a simple text message. I don't even squeal so that was a first. What the hell are you doing to me Lauren?