•E•P•I•L•O•G•U•E•

She had been sitting there all day, Bella's white wolf, formerly known as Lady, now Ghost, by her side. She had said nothing since the funeral. She didn't even go. The most she ever did was get into the car when we all left for our "vacation" in Romeo's cabin.

The cabin was much larger than we had expected, with enough space for everyone to be happy, theoretically speaking. Malia sat on the back porch steps all day, staring out into the woods. She only came inside when everyone was asleep, and went back outside before anyone could wake up.

She knew I was standing there, watching her from the doorway, but she didn't seem to care. She hadn't spoken to anyone, not even through the pack link. She had blocked herself out from us, something that she had never done before.

Even though no words were exchanged between us, I could feel her heart growing cold like the north. She was becoming the alpha of the north.

Then, she spoke. For the first time in a week, she said something. "We need to find the chupacabra and the kitsune." She said.

"I know." I said.

"We need to find the hunter who killed Bella, too." She said.

"I know." I said again.

"I've decided that you'll be my beta." She said.

"Thank you." I replied.

Silence was her response.