[04]

I woke up startled as my body lurched forward without my permission. I frantically looked around, but calmed down when I realized I was in the passenger seat of my car, a terrified Megan at the wheel. "What the hell happened?" I grumbled, rubbing my temples. Megan looked at me, half shocked and half relieved. "That's what I should be asking you!" she said, frantically. Her blue eyes were still wide with shock, but her nervous shaking had stopped and she now had a steady hand on the wheel.

"I don't know." I said, blinking rapidly to clear up the last of the fog from my eyes. The pain had almost completely stopped, the only remnant of it being some sort of buzzing feeling from the scratches themselves. "Do you know how I found you? You were passed out on the ground, your clothes were torn!" she said. "Do you know how freaked out I was?"

I looked at her somewhat confused. "Relax, I'm fine, I just need to lay down for a while. Or forever. I'm cool with whichever." I said. Megan seemed to be thinking of whether or not it was a good idea, thoroughly contemplating whether or not to take me home or to take me to the hospital. "Fine, but if you have any complications, go to the hospital." she said. "Go. To. The. Hospital."

"Aye aye." I replied. The rest of the car ride was in an uncomfortable silence as I tried to sleep and Megan occasionally glanced over at me, her face still drowning in worry. Thankfully, the drive wasn't too long as we once again drove up the driveway and into the garage of my house. "Do you need me to call someone?" I said, walking into the house.

Megan shook her head. "No, I'm good." she said. "See ya tomorrow."

"See ya." I replied. Megan walked out of the garage onto the street, walking towards what I could assume was her house. My dad and stepmother weren't in the house, and the dogs seemed to be sleeping on the couch. Picking up the notepad on the table I quickly jotted down a note for my dad or Leah.

Went to bed early

M.A

I don't know why I signed it, seeing that I was the only other person who could've wrote it, but I did anyway. I walked up the steps and into my room, closing the door behind me as I collapsed on my bed. Sleep was a welcome savior.

I woke up to the annoying sound of my new alarm clock, placed strategically on my nightstand, as close to my head as possible. My eyes fluttered open and I yawned, slowly getting up. Groaning, I turned off the necessary evil and rose to my feet.

The familiar sound of light rain was welcomed as I combed through my closet. According to my dad, Leah had bought me a brand new wardrobe and was excited for me to try on some of what she had bought. As I usually did when it came to dressing myself, I grabbed the closest things to me and hoped for the best.

Thankfully, fate decided that I could look decent today. I pulled out dark blue jeans and a long, black tank top with the words; coffee, rain, and rocky coasts on the it. My boots were black, calf-sized combat boots that were practically brand new. To top it off I put on an unbuttoned blue and black flannel shirt that had sleeves that rolled up to a little past the elbow.

Then, as if it was automatic, I put on a little mascara and a nude lip color, nothing too fancy or extreme for my tastes. Then I pulled up my hair in a messy bun and preferred downstairs to find the source of the tantalizing scent.

In the kitchen, Leah and my dad were serving themselves pancakes, grits, and sausage while they laughed together. I couldn't help but wonder if he had been that way with my mom, or if it was just meaningless sex. Either way, they both had refused to tell me. "Morning, Malia, would you like some breakfast?" My dad said, realizing I was standing in the doorway.

Outcastsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें