[15]

"Why are we here?" Connor said, as I ignored the crime scene tape that surrounded the cafe. "Trust me, we need to be here." I said. Lana occasionally glanced around nervously, clearly uncomfortable with me ignoring all the signs that said we shouldn't be here. I turned on the light in the basement, revealing the horror that my parents had discovered. "What. The. Hell." Connor said from behind me.

"It smells awful in here." Piper said, gagging. The room hadn't changed much from the crime scene photos, the only thing that had really changed was the woman's body, which was now removed and replaced with tape. "Romeo would probably think it smelled like lunch." Bella said.

"So, anyone fluent in that?" I asked, gesturing to the bone chilling blood message still graffitied on the wall. Anita squinted at the message, as if focusing, then she pulled out her phone and quickly started typing. "It's latin, and it roughly translates to: He who dares to stand up against his , the eternal law . Those who dare to resist us." She said, "Whoever speaks it, or writes it, isn't fluent, but judging by this display, they probably mean whoever dares to resist them, whoever them is, must die. It's odd though."

"What's odd?" I asked. I mean, clearly the latin and satanic ritual are just completely normal. Anita bent down to get a closer look at the runes. "The words are latin, but the runes, they're celtic." I looked down at the runes, and sure enough they weren't Roman at all, in fact, they looked familiar, too familiar. "Doesn't Megan have a celtic tattoo on her shoulder?" Scott asked. How did he-? Oh yeah, mindlink. I thought. It was easy to forget that the mindlink went both ways, I saw in their minds and they saw in mine. "Yes, but I don't think this is a hunter thing." I said, "They seem to hate supernaturals of all kinds."

Connor mumbled something in agreement, then mumbled something in Lana's ear. Lana shook her head no, but nodded gravely when he whispered something once again. "You know, lovebirds, there's no point in trying to keep a secret, right?" Scott said, as he examined the floor. "If we can see your sex life, we can definitely hear whatever it was you were whispering." Connor rolled his eyes, and grunted, then muttered something about Scott not having a sex life before kissing Lana gently on the nose. "We weren't whispering anything about our personal lives." Lana said, "I was just confirming something."

"That you want to tap that ass?" PIper said, stifling a chuckle. Connor smirked at Piper, then proceed in smacking his butt. "You can look, but you can't touch." He said. Piper rolled her eyes, and teasingly batted him away. "No, not that. He already knows that." Lana said, "He wanted to know if this ocean magic, but it's not. It's druid."

In that moment, everyone seemed to stop dead in their tracks. The unfortunate part of the mindlink, is the fact it's like a library, all of their knowledge didn't flow into me unless it happened that day, everything else I've got to pick and choose, so, as usual, I had no idea what the hell was up with the druids. "What's wrong with druids? Other than, you know, human sacrifice?" I asked.

"Druids are like the enforcers of the supernatural world, even above werewolves, but they aren't good." Piper explained, "They are vile, evil in all sense of the word, but they are also very powerful. Scarily powerful. They train for years, starting at the age of five, to become the most powerful supernatural creatures in existence."

"What makes them so evil?" I asked, not willing to judge people solely based on their reputation. Anita sighed, pulling her long fingers through her hair. "They are the ones behind the salem witch trials and the massacre of the weres. Many supernatural creatures met their extinction by their hand." She explained, "They decide which species must live and which species must die. They've been like this for hundreds of years. Even before they entered supernatural politics, they sacrificed humans to meet their demands. Their sacrificial drums were there to drown out the sounds of those they were burning to death, screams caused because they weren't properly placed unconscious."