[13]

"So, how was your visit to La Push?" my father asked, carefully. My father and I were sitting on the swinging porch bench, sipping on some lemonade as we looked out to the quiet street. It was clear my father was trying his best to be careful with his words, he didn't want to tear me away from my home, but it was either that or foster care. "It was fun." I said, offering him a smile.

The once bright(ish) sky had turned into a soft, baby blue. It seemed, whenever the night came, the clouds that hung in front of the sun would disappear, leaving us in awe of the beauty of the stars and moon above. "It's a beautiful night, tonight." he said, gazing into the night sky.

"Yeah, it is." I said.

------------------

Once again I found myself in the middle of the temperate forest, surrounded by my packmates. It was barely noon, and already Connor had called me down for something urgent that couldn't be discussed over the phone. Everyone around me was in their human forms, since our wolf forms would attract to much attention. (Though, Connor never said whose attention we were trying to avoid.)

Lana and Connor were standing arm in arm; Lana was clearly nervous, but Connor, oddly enough, was unusually stoic. Bella and her friend, Castiel, were standing next to them, both sets of eyes firmly fixated on me. Scott, Anita, and Piper stood to my left in complete silence while Romeo paced nervously behind me.

"Why did you call us, Connor?" I asked, somewhat annoyed. I couldn't help but be annoyed with him, I was right in the middle of reading a cliffhanger when he had called me. "The D'Angelo Coven is coming here." he said. Everyone around me stiffened, except for Romeo who continued his pacing and Lana who further buried herself in Connor's chest. "The entire coven is coming here?" I asked, hoping for better clarity. Connor shook his head profusely. "No, not the entire coven, just two scouts of high rank." he said.

I rolled my eyes. "Drama queen much?" I said. Connor ignored my jab and continued on. "But they're here to meet up with the Evean's Clan for a report. If they discover the existence of our pack, then they will bring the whole coven down." he said.

"Alright, how long do we have?" I said, trying to think up some solutions. Connor glanced at each other members, his face plastered in worry. "One month." he said. An inhuman growl tore from Scott's chest, Piper's eyes flashed gold, and Anita seemed to retreat into herself. I sighed, running my fingers through my hair in frustration. "Alright, one month. Well, our options are limited." I said. "We need to figure a way to get the coven's attention away from Black Pines as long as possible."

I heard Romeo abruptly stop behind me, before feeling a gust of wind. "What if I and one of the wolves took the coven's attention to Seattle?" he said, now standing in front of me, "I, and the wolf, stage a few sightings of people who are drunk, but not too drunk. They're babblings of vampires and giant wolves will be ignored by police, but the coven will focus on the sightings believing it's some sort of competition between a lone vampire and a lone wolf. At the most, it'll give us an extra month."

I thought about his plan. If it worked out as he said, maybe we could get the pack over the Canadian border during Spring Break and just chill there until the coven leaves, making it appear the pack disbanded or left the area. All we needed was one month and a week, then we could leave. "I like it." I said, "All we need is an extra week of time, then we can all leave the area together for spring break. We can go over the border and it'll just appear like we disbanded or left the area. All we need is a wolf willing to go with Romeo."

Castiel stepped towards me. "I'll leave with the leech." he said, "The rest of you have school to worry about." Piper scoffed, pulling a golden curl behind her ear. "I'm not worried about missing a few days of school." she said. "Besides, Romeo goes to school."