[18]

After my outing with Megan ended with Megan abruptly leaving, I decided to go out on a well needed walk around the town rather than going directly to the sanctuary, just so I could be in the best metal shape before helping out Scott. As I walked, I watched the town around me run itself so smoothly it was almost awe-inspiring. People went about their days as if every moment were predetermined, crossing streets, buying clothes, selling fruits, and even parking their cars seemed like a preplanned act destined to happen.

Despite being somewhat preoccupied with the busy people, I stopped and looked up at raven perched on the building, a sports bar, next to me. It didn't do anything of any significance. It just looked at me as I looked at it, with no intention of moving. Shrugging off the birds odd behavior, I continued to walk around the town, breathing in the fresh air supplied by the abundance of trees.

Caw. I looked up again, and again, the raven looked at me. Though, this time, it seemed to be trying to lead me somewhere. I shrugged off my suspicions. Not everything is going to be supernatural. I thought to myself. I quickened my pace.

Caw. Caw. I looked up once again and the raven was now in a tree, it's feathers fluttering frantically. "What the-" I said, but the raven cut me off.

"Ruith, madadh-allaidh, air a ruith. Death e aig an dorus. Earbsa nach 'bhean ann an dearg. Earbsa eil an cleòca." It spoke clearly in a language I could not recognize. It's voice was as scratchy and unpleasant as you would expect of a raven. Startled, I ran the corner, and bumped into a woman dressed in red. 'Are you okay?" She asked, helping me up. The raven, however, was not to be ignored and flew onto a dumpster next to the woman. "Air ais gràineil boireannach agus gabhaibh buidseachd maille ribh." It said. I looked at it, shocked it could say anything at all. "Go away bird, shoo." She said, shooing away the raven. The raven flew off as it was commanded, but looked back at me with what I assumed was disappointment. Why would the bird be disappointed in me? I thought, Maybe I am going insane.

"Um, thanks." I said, shaking the woman's hand. The woman smiled brightly at me, revealing perfectly white teeth. Her hair was dark brown, and fell in waves to her waist. Her eyes were a gorgeous blue hazel, with a gorgeous gold color around iris. "My name is Morgana, what's yours?" She asked.

"Malia." I said, "Sorry about that, I didn't mean to bump into you." Morgana shrugged, causing the waves in her hair to ripple like the tide. "It's okay, well, I've got to go. Lovely meeting you, Malia, and I hope we meet again." she said. Walking, almost gliding, away, Morgana ultimately disappeared into a crowd of people in the farmer's market across the street. I walked back to the frozen yogurt shop, hopped in my car, and headed off to the sanctuary.

Walking into the lodge I nodded towards Bella who was busy with a customer of sorts, and slipped into the basement where Scott was waiting for me. He seemed even more distressed than when we met at the frozen yogurt shop. His eyes had dark bags under them and worry lines had imprinted themselves on his forehead. "Alright Scott, what's the problem?" I said, sitting across from him.

Scott's eyes were distant, staring at the wall behind me. "The druids are coming. I saw them, a group of them, in the forest." He said, "They're preparing for war, Malia. War, with us!" My eyes widened in shock and horror. How are we going to deal with druids, vampires, hunters, firefoxes, and chupacabras? I wondered, hopelessly. If they were really as powerful as I've been told, then - what could we do to protect ourselves?

I pulled out my cellphone and quickly opened a group chat, adding all of the pack members to it.

Me: Sanctuary. Now

What are we going to do? I thought, desperately. Bella quickly made her way downstairs, Lady at her heels. I gestured for her to take a seat, which she did with caution. It wasn't long before the rest of the pack, except for Castiel and Romeo, was seated in the basement, waiting for my announcement. "Druids are here, and they're preparing for war." I said, "I need everyone to be spending their free time studying them and finding a way to defeat them. Castiel and Romeo are still in Seattle, buying us time with the vamps. They're causing some commotion, but not enough, yet. We need to focus on getting as much information as we can as discreetly as we can. Dismissed."