Chapter 9 - Date part 1

Dylan O'brien - playing Lucas
-------------------------------------------------------Rayne POV
Wow

This restaurant is really fancy and looks so expensive. I'm not used to this, I'm a simple sort of girl. I like the cliché Romantic things but also the chilled out spending time together times.

I can tell he's trying and that means a lot to me. He's actually trying but all that keeps going through my head is him saying he didn't want a mate. I know I didn't want one either but why won't he just let me reject him and then when he's ready to settle he can find the woman he loves.

'Why waste his time. He knows as soon as you complete the marking and mating you will be connected more than you're now.' Ria explained to me.
'Oh so he's just waiting till he's ready.'
'Rayne stop this he's trying just enjoy tonight and make our mate happy.'
'Fine You're right I'm overthinking'

I heard someone clear their throat. I realised I've been sitting in the car for like 10 minutes just staring at the restaurant.

'Sorry what did you say?' I looked down embarrassed.
'I asked if you liked Italian, if you don't it's fine I'll take you somewhere else wherever you fancy.' He said all in a hurry as if nervous. He really was trying to show me what he can be like.
'No no this is perfect. Sorry I was just day dreaming. Let's go in.' He walked round to my side and helped me out of the car.

He grasped my hand and all I felt was sparks and electricity all from a simple touch. Imagine when we do complete the bond, he's going to drive me and my body crazy I know he will enjoy watching me squirm. He loves it now like what happened earlier in the car.

We walked into the restaurant together, a cute boy around 20-22 was at the front desk. He was tall around 5'10/5'11 with dark brown short hair pushed back into a quick messy hair style and really cute freckles and beauty spots on his face. He was attractive but not my type. He Seemed friendly but I guess that's part of the job.

When we reached him he smiled and started talking to Jordan about our reservation, he started leading us to a table outside on the patio. It was a quiet little area of the restaurant and it was beautiful tonight, there were so many stars out and it was a nice warm evening.

I walked over to my seat and before either I or Jordan could pull the chair out, the waiter who's name I do not know -I will call him freckles- pulled it out for me. I thanked him and sat down quickly. Jordan didn't look happy but he sat down anyway. He was muttering something under his breath but I didn't quite catch what.

'My name is Lucas I will be serving you tonight any drinks I can get you?' So his name was Lucas, I liked freckles it was cute. He wasn't looking at me when asking more at Jordan but I already knew what I wanted.
'Could I get a traditional mojito please.'
'Of course madam and for the gent?' Jordan was listening to us, but kept his eyes on me as if silently questioning me.
'I will have a scotch on the rocks and bring a bottle of you finest wine to match the food we order.' He said in an authoritative tone, Lucas didn't seem to notice as if it didn't bother him. He smiled and left us to decide on our courses.

'What would you recommend?'I asked Jordan while looking over the menu, it was in Italian so no point reading it.

'I'd recommend he stops flirting with my mate and she stops flirting back.' He said in a serious tone watching me with his hands folded together.

'When did we flirt with eachother?'I was shocked how was that flirting? Maybe because I haven't flirted before I don't understand. Okay he pulled my chair out but it's his job to be friendly to the customers.