Chapter Fourteen

An unknown amount of time later, something shook me from my sleep. I cracked open my eyes and noticed Kili asleep in the chair where he had been when I fell asleep. I wondered if he had been here the whole time...

Abruptly, Fili rushed into the room and shook Kili awake.

"What is it, Fi?" Kili asked and I could tell he was confused. Fili scratched his beard before answering.

"We have a bit of a problem outside, Ki."

Kili sighed, "What now?"

"Men from Laketown. The dragon is dead now, Laketown is demolished, and they have made camp in Dale," Fili said in a rush.

Breathless, Kili stood up and got a faraway look in his eyes, "Wow...so what exactly is the problem?" He turned back to his brother.

"Thorin needs us. Let's just go, kay? I'll explain everything on the way," Fili explained, glancing at me. I glared at him and was happy to see he shuffled on his feet, nervous.

"Okay, I'll be right there. You go ahead." Kili agreed. Fili reluctantly left and Kili looked at me.

"I'll be back soon," he said kindly. I just stared at him. Kili rubbed a calloused hand through his unruly hair and slowly walked towards the door.

Right before he slipped out, I called out to him, "Kili?"

He turned his gaze to me.

"Be safe," was all I said. He nodded once and then he was gone.

I stayed still on the bed, staring at the door in vain, wishing Kili would return. My arms became sore from being stretched and I pulled on them, trying to relieve the aching sensation. It didn't work, but I felt a slight give in the rope. I craned my neck to see my left hand. Around the shredded skin on my wrists, the rope was slightly loose.

Hope welled up inside me and I began wiggling the wrist harder, ignoring the burning pain I received as a result. The rope gave a bit more and I just had enough to slip my wrist out. Quickly, I used my free hand to untie the other.

I wiped the seeping blood on the blankets and pulled them back off my feet. I threw my legs over the edge of the bed and instantly regretted it. The room spun around me and I collapsed back against the bed, squeezing my eyes shut tightly. I willed the dizziness to go away.

Slowly, after a couple of minutes, I tried again. The room still swayed precariously, but I managed to stand, holding onto the bed post for support. Now, my whole stomach and back flared up with immense pain and I fell to my knees, crying. It hurt so bad! My lungs constricted and I struggled to breath in and out. In and out...

I was gasping for breath and clutching my stomach when the door creaked open. Standing in the doorway was a...dwarf? Well, no. He wasn't a dwarf even though he was short like them. He had curly brown hair and large ears. My eyes trailed down to his feet. He wore no shoes and his feet were...gross. They were hairy...and well I'm not going to describe them anymore. Point it, they were very gross.

When he noticed me on the ground, he rushed over, muttering something under his breath. He gingerly helped me back to the bed and leaned over me.

"Are you okay, miss?" He asked.

I managed to calm my breathing and answered, "I...don't know." My voice came out quieter than I intended and I frowned. "W-Who...are you?"

"Oh my, I do apologize." He stepped back and bowed to me. "Bilbo Baggins. At your service."

I couldn't stop myself from smiling. He was a lot more pleasant than the dwarves. "Hel-lo, Bilbo. My name's Ithildae," I introduced myself.

Bilbo returned my smile. "It is a pleasure to...meet you, even though I have seen you before."

"Oh yes, you were with Thorin's company. Correct?"

He seemed pleased that I remembered him. "Yes, yes. Correct." He glanced around the room and his eyes landed on the bloody rope hanging limply from the bedposts. From there, his eyes glanced down at my wrists and he frowned.

"May I ask what was going on?" He requested politely.

I sighed and gently rubbed my wrists. "Go ahead," I mumbled, "I won't fight you." I leaned back against the bed and raised my arms above my head. Bilbo's eyebrows scrunched together.

"Pardon?" Did he not want to tie me back up?

"You...can tie me back up. I won't fight you." I clarified.

His expression turned form confusion to being appalled. "T-Tie you?" he stuttered, "Whatever for? Did Thorin do this?" he gestured to the ropes.

"Yes...but..." I searched my mind for answers. "Aren't you going to tie me back up? Didn't Thorin send you to check on me?"

"Ithildae, Thorin did not send me," He told me slowly, "And I would never...tie you up! That would be horrible of me!"

"But I deserve it."

"Nonsense! Everyone makes mistakes," he argued, "That doesn't mean it defines you. I forgive you, Ithildae. Just as the company will soon enough."

"So...you're going to let me go?"

Bilbo scratched his chin, "I would say yes, but I don't believe that you could leave now even if I said yes. Weren't you trying to do just that when I found you on the floor?"

I realized he was right and nodded slowly.

"But I won't tie you back up. I promise." Bilbo's smile returned.

"Thank you, Bilbo."

Hey guys! I figured it was high time that Bilbo and Ithildae actually met officially! Hee hee...So I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Things are getting close to the climax of the story!

Please don't forget to vote, comment, or follow if you enjoyed it:)

Ithildae