Chapter Six

Early in the morning, I opened my eyes and shook off my weariness. The sky was still dark as faint stars twinkled in the distance. It was a cool morning with only a slight breeze rustling the leaves through the forest.

As I scooted my back higher up against the tree I was tied to, I shook my head shaking off all drowsiness. If I could just work these bonds off...After a couple of hours with non-stop struggling, they loosened.

Before I could get them off, several dwarves stirred. I huffed quietly and stopped moving, pretending to be asleep. One by one all the dwarves woke up and began moving around. They cleaned up the camp and put together some food. As they were eating, Fili casually walked over to me.

He looked around and with no one watching, sat down. Leaning closer, he threatened, "My uncle may have forgotten what you did to Kili, but I haven't. If anything happens where you somehow get free when we leave, I would not suggest following us. You do anything to my brother, or the company for that matter, you will regret it. Do you understand?" He hissed.

I turned to look at him, "Just for that, when I escape, Kili will be the first to suffer. Don't think for one second that just because I'm contained right now that you can say whatever you want. I must admit though, I admire your loyalty, but that won't stop me from doing my job. I hate dwarves. And I hate stuck up ones even more." I started to shoot him a grin before he pulled out one of his blades that he managed to retrieve and stabbed me silently in the arm!

I tried to shake off the pain and managed to only grimace slightly. He pulled out the blade and wiped it on the ground. After cleaning it, he put it back in his coat. He shot me a look that said "I'm serious about my threat." before walking away. I could have yelled out but that wouldn't have helped in several ways. First, it would draw more attention too me and second, no one would care. I just relaxed and tried not to think about the stinging feeling in my arm.

~~~~~~*~~~~~~

Once their company was ready to leave, they made a semi circle around me. Thorin stepped up and started to speak.

"It's time. We must make our decision quickly. I do not doubt that this she-elf's friends will come soon." He pointed at me. "So do we kill her, leave her, or let her go?"

"Let's put it to a vote!" A younger looking dwarf suggested.

All heads nodded in agreement.

Dwalin grunted, "All in favor of death raise their hands." No one lifted their hands! Well...that is surprising!

"Okay...all in favor of leaving her tied up here?" Thorin looked around.

All the hands accept for one, raised.

"Ori? You want to let her go?" Kili asked the younger dwarf.

"Well...um, I don't know." he stuttered. "I don't really want to vote." he mumbled.

"Fine. Then by voting we have agreed to leave her here, in her bonds." Dwalin confirmed. "Agreed?"

Everyone muttered yes. I looked up to see Kili staring at me. Noticing me looking back, he smirked. He confidently stood up and limped closer. Suddenly, a plan started to form in my mind. Keeping everything but my hands still, I swiftly began finishing the job of removing the bonds. Before Kili was right in front of me, I had gotten free yet stayed still. Not yet...wait...almost...I concentrated.

Just as he came close enough, I leapt up, unsheathed Kili's sword, and stuck it to his neck. Right away, his smirk was wiped off as all the dwarves reacted, two seconds too late.

I spun Kili around until the sword was against his neck. He let out a small grunt when he was forced to put weight on his injured foot.

"No!" Shouted Fili, a look of horror written on his face. He hadn't forgotten my promise. I smirked.

"Now, I am taking Kili back to my King and if any of you follow me, I will kill him." I commanded. The rest of the company did nothing but shoot dirty looks at me.

I slowly backed out of camp, lugging my prisoner along. Once we were out of the sight of camp, I hit him over the head with the hilt of his own sword and he collapsed. Poor Fili, now he will have an enormous amount of guilt because of what he did. I thought mockingly.

Quickly, I bound his hands and stripped him of any other weapons he had. Then, I hoisted him over my shoulder and began walking back to the Mirkwood realm.

Hey guys! I don't normally dedicate chapters but this chapter was encouraged by @mmaa56 and I just wanted to give a big thanks for the messages!:) It really helps to motivate me when I know people enjoy my stories!

Anyways, please vote, comment, and follow! Thanks, Mellon nins!

Ithildaeforever