Hengist

*Third Person's P.O.V.*

        "How could you let her escape?! Eh?!" the leader of the Mercian bandits yelled furiously at the other men as Annabelle and Guinevere stood in front of him, the dark-skinned girl wobbling a bit as she tried to stand straight without putting too much pressure on her ankle, which appeared to be a bit sprained, "You bring me the servants!" he yelled, getting too close to Annabelle for her comfort, making her flinch slightly, "They're worthless to us!" he screamed as the other men looked down. Annabelle herself wanted to look down, feeling hopeless. She and Guinevere were surrounded, and they'd never make it out even if they fought their way out because of Guinevere's ankle. And Annabelle knew very well that she couldn't use her magic, not while Guinevere was still there.
        After a second of breathing heavily, the leader shoved one of the bandits in his way as he took almost predatory steps toward the young women. Annabelle took a small step back, not being able to back away any more without bumping into one of the men behind her, while Guinevere's breathing picked up as the leader's eyes raked over her before traveling to Annabelle. He squinted his eyes a bit, before taking another step forward and gripping her chin, tilting her head from side to side as he inspected her features. And that was when an idea came to him.
        Looking at the blue-eyed servant, he could easily see the similarities between her and the Lady Morgana; both beautiful, incredibly so. Both fair-skinned and dark-haired, both with slim figures. The only noticeable difference was their eye color; while Morgana's was a beautiful green mixed with calming gray, Annabelle's were pure blue like the sky on a sunny day. Though that one small difference did not disturb the man at all; he suddenly felt proud of himself for coming up with a quick plan, and thanked the stars that the Lady decided to bring along a pretty servant who could act as her sister even.
        "Put them on," the leader suddenly said, grabbing the gown Lady Morgana wore earlier that day from one of the men and shoving it in Annabelle's hands, along with the red cloak.
        "What are you going to do with us?" Annabelle asked, glancing between the clothes, Guinevere, and the leader.
        "Hengist has never met the Lady Morgana," the man replied as he continued to eye her. "For all he knows... you could be Uther Pendragon's ward,"
        "You can't ask her to impersonate our mistress!" Guinevere exclaimed, her eyes wide. If that man, Hengist, finds out that Annabelle is not really Morgana, he will kill her!
        "I think you should show a bit more respect to your mistress," the leader said to Guinevere, silently telling her that she is to remain a servant.
        "And what if I don't do it?" Annabelle asked, her voice shaking the tiniest bit as the same thought as Guinevere's came to her mind.
        "Then you will die where you stand," the man almost growled, unsheathing his sword and pressing the tip to Annabelle's neck, forcing her to tilt her head up as her breathing picked up.

*1 Hour Later, Camelot*

        "It is such a relief to see you safe," King Uther breathed out with a smile as his ward walked into the council chamber, now dressed in one of her fine gowns and washed, "I couldn't bear the thought of anyone harming you," he said, putting his hand on Morgana's cheek as she rushed towards him, her hands gripping his.
        "The bandits still have Gwen and Anna," Morgana stressed, tears coming to her eyes once again as her breathing picked up.
        "I believe they were Mercian," Prince Arthur said from behind the King. "We've received reports that Hengist has crossed the border,"
        "Hengist?" Uther repeated, frowning.
        "You must send a rescue party," Morgana said, her voice urgent.
        "If Hengist is holding them, it would take a small army to rescue your maids,"
        "We can't abandon them!" Morgana exclaimed, her eyes narrowing at her guardian.
        "How many men would you have me sacrifice to save a couple of servants?" Uther nearly scoffed as Arthur looked down, willing himself not to say a word; for if he did, he was afraid of what it would be.
        "As many as it takes," Morgana snapped as Uther closed his eyes for a moment, wanting to be gentle with his ward, "Gwen and Anna both gave themselves up so that I might escape," she said. "I owe them my life,"
        "They did so willingly and they will be honored for it," Uther nodded, wanting to reach a compromise as he turned around, proceeding to sit back down as Merlin breathed in from where he stood behind Arthur, the thought of Guinevere and his sister both in danger making him lightheaded.
        "I don't want them honored, I want them rescued!" Morgana exclaimed as she took a few steps forward and gripped the King's arm to stop him. Everything became silent in the chamber as the council listened for the King's next words, while Gaius looked down, almost completely sure of what his answer would be.Though for once, the physician was prepared to argue with the King when his ward's, his... daughter's life was at stake, "They're more than just my maids... They're my friends. Anna's my best friend," Morgana said, her voice and eyes pleading as she stared up at her guardian.
        "Servants are of no value to these bandits," Uther finally said after a few seconds of silence, "I fear they may be dead already," he said, and both Arthur and Merlin's hearts stopped. Arthur's jaw clenched, and his muscles grew tense as Merlin looked down, both men struggling to keep silent.
        "No!" Morgana shook her head, her voice shaking as she ripped her hands out of Uther's, "We cannot give up hope!" she stressed, before looking to Arthur for aid. "Arthur? I'm begging you. You have to do something,"
        "My father's right. I'm afraid there's nothing we can do," Arthur spoke in a strong voice, going against his every instinct as he looked down at Morgana.
        "How can you say that?!" Morgana nearly shouted as the King nodded to Gaius, who stepped forward to lead Morgana away. "How can you live with yourselves?! All of you!"