Apologies

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*

        I watched as Sir Alinor defeated his opponent easily, slamming his lance square into the knight's chest, advancing to the final. Now, if Arthur can beat Sir Leon, one of Camelot's finest knights, and also someone I have befriended throughout the last couple of months, he will compete against Alinor in the final.
        Everyone in the stands clapped and cheered as Leon raised his lance in the King's direction, who nodded at him with an excited smile. Leon then closed his visor, and everyone watched in anticipation as the match begun. Arthur, still disguised as Sir William, and Leon galloped toward each other at maximum speed, their lances positioned in front of them. And as they met in the middle, Arthur slammed his lance so hard in Leon's chest, that the knight nearly fell off the horse. But instead, both of his feet got caught in the stirrups, and he hung from the saddle, his shoulder hitting the ground painfully with the horse's every movement.
        Every single person in the crowd, except me, jumped to their feet and clapped excitedly with big grins on their faces, cheering for 'Sir William'. However, I just sat there, unfazed. It's true, I was glad that Arthur hadn't gotten injured, but I was, admittedly, quite angry that he advanced to the final. Now he had a huge chance of winning the final. And if he wins, his head will get even bigger than it already is, and he will become even more arrogant and intolerable. I honestly can't believe I fell in love with such a man.
        "You're not impressed by this Sir William of Daira?" Gaius, who was on my left, asked as he finally sat down.
        "I believe he's an arrogant pig," I replied simply, not even glancing at him as the conversation Arthur and I had last night popped into my head again. I heard Gwen, who was on my other side, stifle a chuckle and glanced over at her, only to see her looking away as she tried not to laugh. I just simply sighed and shook my head, but then smiled and clapped with everyone else as William came out onto the arena to acknowledge the crowd. I have nothing against him; it's Arthur whom I'm angry at.
        I'm still angry about Arthur's behavior last night, and I honestly don't know how much longer I will put up living in the same house as him. I'm afraid I'll go mad if I have to put up with the Prince's behavior any longer.

*2 Hours Later*

        "Annabelle?" Arthur called as he entered Gwen's house, while I swap the floor next to me sleeping area. My eyes widened.
        "Just a minute!" I called, picking up the blanket I use in the night and folding it as quickly as I could, putting it on the sacks of rice I sleep on.        
        "Do you think Guinevere's got a needle and thread? My shirt needs mending," Arthur spoke as I started sweeping the floor again. Of course, I was too concentrated on the floor, and didn't even notice the Prince walking over to me until it was too late. I looked up, only to see him standing right in front of me and looking at the sacks of rice confusedly, "Is this where you sleep? Where's the bed you're supposed to be sleeping in?" he asked, a completely confused look on his face as he looked around.
        "You're sleeping in it," I answered, deciding not to hide this from him any longer. Besides, if I didn't tell him this now, while I was calm enough, I would probably explode tomorrow.
        "Why didn't you say something?" Arthur asked with a confused smile as he turned to look at me.
        "Well, you didn't really gave me a chance. You just assumed that the bed was yours," I replied.
        "How am I supposed to know if you don't tell me?" he retorted, though not in a harsh way. His voice actually indicated that he felt a bit guilty.
        "You shouldn't need to be told to think of someone other than yourself. You're not a child," the words came out of my mouth before I could stop myself, but I didn't regret saying it. Even when Arthur turned to look at me in surprise... and a bit of hurt.
        "Is there anything else you'd like to say to me?" he asked, his voice clearly stating that he was not happy with me, a servant, scolding him. But I've had enough, "Please. I'd like to hear it. If there's something you want to say to me, don't let me stop you," he said, almost challenging me to say something more. But my patience has reached its limit, and I honestly did not care that I was speaking to the Prince of Camelot at the moment.
        "You don't have any idea, do you?" I questioned, and Arthur shook his head carelessly, still staring at me.
        "About what?"
        "About how rude and arrogant you can be!" I exclaimed, "This is Gwen's home, and we are her guests in it! I know you are used to more luxuries at court, but that is not an excuse to be so rude! You claim titles don't matter to you, but you still behave like a prince and expect me to wait on you like a servant! Saying it means nothing if your actions betray you! Would it kill you to say 'please' and 'thank you' once in a while?!" I finally finished, and even though I could see that Arthur was staring at me in disbelief seeing as I just spoke to the Prince of Camelot like any other peasant, I was quite glad to get this off my chest.
        "Is there anything else you'd like to add?" Arthur asked, and I could even see a small, amused smile on his lips, which aggravated me even more. Here I was, telling him how rude and arrogant he is, and he's laughing at me.
        "No, I think that's it," I replied coldly, and started sweeping the floor again.
        "You're right," Arthur spoke after a long moment of silence, and I was so shocked when I heard these words that I nearly dropped the broom as I looked up at him in surprise. I did not expect him to agree with me at all; in fact, I expected him to do the exact opposite. "Guinevere has invited me into her home and you have agreed to help me, even though you didn't have to, and... I have behaved appallingly," he admitted quietly and guiltily, and I looked at him, my eyebrows raised in disbelief.
        "I didn't mean to make you feel bad," I said, finally snapping out of my shock.
        "Oh, really?" Arthur raised his eyebrows, looking around in disbelief.
        "Well, perhaps a little," I admitted, chuckling softly as he turned to look at me, his eyes kind.
        "There's no excuse," he said, and I smiled at him, "I'll make it up to you," he said, and I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows, wondering what he meant, "Tonight... I will make dinner for you," My eyes widened as he suddenly stepped forward and took the broom out of my hand, quickly putting it aside and placing his hands on my shoulders, pushing me towards the door.
        "You're going to cook me dinner?" I asked in disbelief as he kept pushing me towards the door.
        "I certainly am. Now go for a walk, or do whatever it is that girls do at this time of the evening," Arthur ordered, and I barely had enough time to grab my shawl before he opened the door and nearly shoved me outside.
        "A walk would be nice," I agreed with a smile as I exited Gwen's house.
        "Your dinner will be ready when you return," he said and closed the door behind me, leaving to wonder how this evening will go.

*Third Person's P.O.V.*