someday, i promise you that

"we're here." julian says as he stops the car.

those were the first words that had been spoken since the park.

i crawl out of the car and stretch my legs.

 the tingling in my spine makes me laugh to myself. it was always the best feeling; waking up to the smell of coffee and french toast. 

stretching every part of your body, sending a physical pleasurable sensation through your bones.

i snap out of my daydream when i hear julian's voice.

"so this is where the lovely julian bradford grew up." he clarifies.

the house was simple, in pretty decent shape. the front was covered in brick, and the sides were a tan color. 

as i am admiring the house i look over and see julian walking inside.

"don't people still live here?" i ask.

"people as in my mom, yes." he replies, "but she won't be home for a few hours."

only julian would break into his own house, or at least it used to be.

"hurry up, slowpoke." he yells from the house.

i follow julian to the house and into a small room in the back. it was a one floor home. three bedrooms, two bathrooms.

 the furniture inside didn't match the house whatsoever. 

we walked into one of the smaller bedrooms - there was a small twin bed with dark blue sheets. in the corner were two guitars and an old desk. julian jumps on top of the bed and stares up at the ceiling. 

from the looks of it i assume this was his room. 

for some reason i expected posters on the walls, or records scattered everywhere. it wasn't anything special - it was a just a room.

"welcome to my crib." he says as i sit down on the edge of the bed.

"i can't believe you said that." i mutter, rolling my eyes.

we relax on the bed staring up at the ceiling for a few moments before i start wondering. why would he bring me here?

"i don't have fancy stars like you do." he chuckles while pointing up at the sky.

"why did you bring me here?" i ask.

"because." he mumbles under his breath.

"that's not really the response i was looking for...."

"a while back, before i moved in with my grandparents," he begins. "my mom took everything away from me. car, dog, house, blah blah."

"that's awful!" i burst out.

"i talked to her the other day - she said i could come pick up my stuff whenever." he adds.

i try to imagine having so much taken in just a matter of days. 

the only thing i can imagine is mom and dad. they left my brother and i right before christmas eve. it was the first christmas zac and i spent alone. 

that was probably the hardest part of it all. 

no one should be alone on christmas; no one should be alone ever.

"i thought i'd pick up a few things and go." he finishes.

"like what?"

"car, my guitar, maybe some money..." he gets soft as he speaks.

"we already have a car though, why do we need another?" i question.

he hesitates, then rests his hand of my thigh.

 knowing bad things are coming i take his hand off.

 he looks up at me with a new look - sadness. he looks as if he just watched someone die.

"are, are you gonna leave me?" i croaked. 

i wrap my arms around my stomach trying to stop the pain.

 the feeling between us was too real.

 i'm stuck in a nightmare that won't end.

 i just want things to be how they were. but every fairytale has to come to an end. 

 he was going to leave me.

"don't think of it as me leaving you." he corrected me, "i'll always be here, zoe."

"then what is this?" i shout, "what is the point of going around and around with me?"

julian turns so the back of his head is facing me.

 i sit waiting for some sort of response. he turns towards me looking down at the floor.

"i can't explain all of it. but right now, i need to get away." he whispers.

tears stream down my face and i turn the opposite direction of julian.

"i will be back someday, ya know." he implies.

"when?"

"someday, i promise you that."

i wipe my eyes while i turn back to him. he lifts my chin up equal with his.

"chin up buttercup." he smiles, "it's all going to work out."

i smile and feel red in the cheeks. 

julian caresses my cheek, wiping away all the tears. as his lips rest on mine his hands hold my sides.

"i love you." julian whispers into my ear.

i knew right then that everything was going to be okay. 

______________________________________________________________________________

i think everything happens for a reason

maybe it's just  me, but it seems as if everything has a good side.

do you think that'll be the situation with zoe and julian? 

or will it all fade soon?

will he come back? 

who knows...

leave me comments and i will be sure to reply!

xox