The vampires practically flew towards us, leaving the hunters in their dust. Bella was the first to attack, launching towards a vampire with a need to kill I had never seen before. With every smack, it sounded like thunder coming from the ground below. The vampire's hisses and Bella's growls filled the valley.

The rest of us, pack and vampires alike, said and did nothing. We simply watched. Why aren't we fighting? I said.

They are setting the stage, whoever wins sets the stage for rest of the battle. Connor, who was on the other side of the valley, replied. The winner is the one who lives.

I turned my attention back on the fighting in front of me. I watched as Bella grabbed, and tore off, the vampire's arm. Then his other arm. Then his leg. Then his other leg. Then lastly, his head. She tore off his hand, and dropped it in front of me. Thanks... I said.

It's a show, for them. Bella responded, the first thing she had sorta said in a long time. Okay then... I said, still slightly disturbed. I turned to the remaining eight vampires. Demeter gave a sickly smile. "The battle is yours." She said, "But only for now. You will not overcome us."

Pick whichever leech you wanna take out, and attack. Scott said, The battle is yours to start. I nodded my head towards Scott, and scanned over the vampires. Demeter's cocky smile caught my eye.

Big mistake.

I headed towards one of the hooded vampires, but instead of attacking him as he, and the others, thought I would, I used him more or less for a springboard, and tackled Demeter to the cold ground. Shocked, she was easy to topple over. The moment I did, the vampires and my pack started fighting one another, in another bloody battle over the bodies of fallen hunters. The remaining hunters had fled to the outskirts of the valley, watching us intently.

Once Demeter figured out what had happened, she quickly fought back, kicking my in the side with a hard thud. Ignoring the rippling pain, I bit into her leg, not able to bite it off, but just enough to cause her a substantial amount of pain. "How dare you!" Demeter exclaimed, her Italian accent thickening.

"With a smile." I responded, relishing in my new ability to speak without Raven's presence. Demeter stared at me with a newfound sense of crazy. Removing her cloak, she revealed her black, fighting attire. She wore a black, long sleeved shirt with black leather leggings and a black skirt. She pulled out to daggers that were strapped to her side, expertly wielding them. "You will die like the dog you are." She said.

I growled at her, not bothering to waste a breath on her. She must've sensed my disrespect, because she only got angrier. She ran towards me, daggers in hand. I ran towards her, fully prepared for the wounds I would definitely be getting.

Almost immediately when I clashed into her, I felt the daggers enter into my shoulder blade. Dammit. I exclaimed. I slapped the side of her with my paw, creating four long gashes with my claws. Demeter and I both stumbled away from each other, both panting as if we had run a marathon. "Your species is dying out. You do not belong in this new world." Demeter said, straightening herself out. "Give in. It is already too late."

"Over my dead body." I said, charging towards her again. The sounds of thunder filled the air as we continued our fight. I felt blood, both hers and mine, trickle to the ground below us. I tried not to be completely disturbed by her thick, black, ink-like blood.

There was too much to fight for. Too many who had died. It didn't matter if we had to change a little, or a lot, just to survive. This leech was willingly part of a coven determined to destroy the little bit of light that lived in the darkness of the supernatural world.