Chapter 27

My mom had just pulled me out of my room and pulled me out of a situation that I am still deciding if it should have happened or not. I mean. Bellamy isn't that bad. Is he? He is cute. Him and I get along and I don't see why it would be bad. Hmm now I have to see what my mom wants. As soon as I shut my door to my room my mom envelopes me in a huge bear hug. Surprised I lightly hug her back. But not as enthusiastically as she did to me.

I pull away with a confused look on my face. "Mom what was that about? Are you okay?" I ask with a sudden urge that something happened and I deep down I don't want any more new but I know I need to be there for my mother.

She looks up at me and instead of the tears I expected to be spilling out of her eyes, she smiles. Wiping her face hurriedly she replies knowing that I am freaking out. "No sweetheart. Nothing is wrong. It's just....." She pauses and takes a deep breath calming herself before she can start speaking again. "I'm just so happy that you are making friends so quickly. Its just really amazing and makes me fell better to know that you are happy."

She gets me to start feeling slightly emotional. Holding it back because I know if I let it out now then it will not stop for a while. "Me too mom. Me too. I just feel bad because I feel bad leaving you alone all the time and not spending some of my lasting moments with you before I go off to college." At this I shudder and quickly shaking off the nervous feeling that suddenly overcame me.

She smiles and lightly touches my cheek with the palm of her hand. "Clarke I never want you to feel sorry for having friends. Besides, I have made some friends of my own at the hospital."

"That's really cool mom. I'm happy for you. I love both of us being happy." Quietly I add, with my head tilted down but still looking at my mom. "It has been a while."

She tilts my head up and replies. "Yes it has. Let's keep it this way, shall we?" To reply I just nod my head. She gives me one last hug and I walk back into my room to see Bellamy still sitting there. I think to myself. I wonder If my mom likes me having him in my life too? Then I think back to just a few moments ago and I think she does.

Rushing back into the room I sit back down and Bellamy looks over at me with a concerned look on him sweet face. Thinking to myself I wish that the kiss happened but now it would betoo awkward. Being the weird human beings we are, we go back to my computer and surf it looking at tons of funny videos. During this I catch him staring, but I brush it off. I find myself not able to stop smiling as we hang out.