Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Clarke

I just hope letting him help me was worth it, because right now I would rather be anywhere else but here.

Then I see another car coming from the distance, from the way I was supposed to be driving, from town. But as it gets closer I can see that in the front seat holds a boy with goggles on his head, and in the passenger seat anorher boy with longer black hair.

They pull off to the side of the road and the girl 'O' goes up to the guy with the goggles. I'm assuming that one is Jasper seeing as when the boy Bellamy see's 'O' go up to the guy he turns away and his fists clench turning his knuckles an unusual white color.

Now all of us are over by my Jeep. They all introduce themselves.

"Hi, I'm Monty! I know you will love Ark high. It's a good school."

"I'm Jasper and this is Octavia." He says pointing to The girl. Well now I know her name now.

"Clarke." I state. All of them have their eyes go wide but then regain themselves.

The kid Monty comes up and shakes my hand "Nice to meet you Clarke. Now let's see what's wrong with this car of yours." He says while walking over to the hood.

I take out my phone to check what time it is and the clock says '7:50'.

Bellamy notices my worried look and then looks at his phone too. "Hey, guys if we want to get there early we better get going." He says.

This causes everyone in a panic frenzy. All of them blurting out ideas of what to do. I finally speak up and say "Is there a tow company I could call and they would give me a ride to school?"

They all look at me like I'm crazy. Octavia speaks up "What! No! Yes there is a tow company we could call but one of us will give you a ride to school!"

All of their faces light up, well everyone's except Bellamy. I wonder what his problem is?

"If that's okay?" I say hesitating at first.

Octavia cuts me off with "Of course you can! We wouldn't want you late on your first day would we?"

"No I guess not." I say looking at Bellamy who I caught staring at me. So I turn away and go to call the tow company.

~10 minutes later ~

The tow truck just drove off with my new Jeep wrangler. They man told me they would fix it up and they would give me a call at lunch for more details. I offer him a quick 'thank you.' And then go back to the group.

"So they are going to see what the problem is and then give me a call at lunch so yeah..."

Thank goodness Octavia is here to make this less awkward. She claps her hands together. "Well that's great. Well we should probably get to school then it's a ten minute drive from here so we will get to the school at like 8:00? So that would give you enough time to figure some stuff out, seeing as it's your first day!"

I just nod along with her.

Monty pipes up and asks "So who do you want to go with Clarke?"

I think about it for a second. Looking back between Bellamy and Jasper and Monty. "Oh whatever is easiest for you guys, because I already feel bad about all the things you have done for me."

"Well..." Octavia says slowly. "I was wanting to ride with Jasper, but I didn't because I didn't want to leave Bellamy alone. So if you would be fine with that then....."

I look at Bellamy and he looks shocked and kind of excited but then he catches me looking and quickly turns away.

"Fine sure let's go so we can get there soon enough. Remember I want to see spacewalker as little as possible." At this everyone laughs.