Chapter 20

Clarke

I see Bellamy from across the parking lot and immediately I get out and don't even give Finn a thank you for the ride. I don't even feel bad. All I feel is anger, and just now feeling myself in a very pissy mood I walk over. Only I get about 5 feet away and he has his back away from me when I hear a voice say "Man! What happened to you? Was it Kane again."

I heard Bellamy mumble something then walk away, going into the schools. As soon as he walks away I can see who he was talking to. This kid named Miller. I go up to him and say "Hi, I'm Clarke." offering him my hand to shake it, he takes it.

Replying back he says, "Oh I know who you are. Miller."

"Well nice to meet you Miller." Feeling confused inside I wonder how he knew who I was. Oh no. What if Bellamy told him I was this annoying new girl that seemed to have a thing for him. What if I am the joke of the school. Ah, who cares. I'm hear right now to find about how his foster dad could possibly be abusing him and even Octavia. Quickly, I type a quick message to Octavia and then head inside talking with Miller about where I used to live before, leaving out the whole thing about my dad dying.

The day goes by quick and Octavia replied to my text assuring that we are still on for tonight, but she asked if we could have some others over too so I could get to know people and make actual friends. So me and her walked and got coffee after school wince it wasn't far, and since it was close too we walked to my house and started to get ready for people to come over.

As we were cleaning up she was telling me all who she invited. They sounded like a good group, I mean I haven't met like half of them but they still sound good to me. Miller, Jasper, Monty, Harper, Octavia, Miles, Murphy, and then she asked if Bellamy could come too seeing as apparently he had a really bad night. I agree playing it off cool, but on the inside I am jumping with excitement.

~20 minutes later~

Me and O cleaned up my basement and pulled y old fooseball table out and set up my wii and got out all the just dance things and set out some scary movies we thought would be fun. I am in the kitchen making some snacks when the doorbell rings.

"Hey Octavia! Can you get that for me?" I call out to her.

Shouting back, she responds. "Sure!" I continue to put things together in the kitchen while she does that. After a few seconds I hear voices, and I recognize it. I think its Goggle boy as Bellamy would call him. Him and Monty walk into the kitchen with sodas and I quickly thank them then put them into the fridge before walking out to meet my next guests.

Earlier Octavia and I were getting ready and she thought it would be fun to dress up for fun so both of us have our hair in curls with cute sweatpants, and some of my favorite crew necks. I don't look my best, but who cares. It's the weekend, plus it is my house and I don't care about what people say or think about me. Octavia is showing the boys the way to the basement when the door rings. I quickly run to open it before they get impacient.

But, before I open the door I take a deep breath and try to calm my heart down, so it doesn't feel like it is beating outside of my chest. I quickly open the door, almost hitting my head with it but leaning back just enough so I don't. I look up to see the people on the other side of my door slightly chuckling. Not in a mean way but in a friendly "you idiot" way. I see it is just Miller and Murphy. Closing the door I hear someone call out a nickname I already know all too well.

"Hey princess!"

Practically sticking his hand between the door and the door frame to stop me from shutting it. He looks down at me and smirks, or is it his smile? I can never tell sometimes. I let him in silently, still feeling bad about what I heard between him and Miller earlier. I want to ask him about it, but then he might think I was eavesdropping in on his life. So I just leave that be, and just go back to normal. "Hey Clarke. I'm really sorry about this morning. I had a rough night yesterday. Of course only after you left." He says with a definite smirk on that face of his.

"Will you come in already before I don't let you in." I say snapping friendly back at him. Smiling I quickly motion for him to follow me downstairs, just as we are about to go through the door into the recroom he leans down and whispers into my ear "I love when you snap at me." Then quickly he walks through the door not looking back and as he walks into the room he puts his hands out to the side and shouts "Now lets get this party started. I find myself just standing there with my arms crossed staring.

Only when Octavia called my name did I come out of my trance. "Clarke!? You good there sweetheart!?" then mumbling to the others she says "What's with her."

Just then Bellamy is about to say something when the doorbell rings and I go upstairs to get it. And its the rest of the group so I have them grab some stuff as the go down and I lock the doors and turn of the lights and head downstairs for my new adventure.