Chapter 39

"I wonder who that could be..." Louis rolls his eyes, sighing sarcastically. We both know exactly who it is. It's my wonderful, insane, jealous boyfriend.

To call him my 'boyfriend' seems too childish, I know he means more than that to me. But right now, I don't care.

"Alright Harry," Louis unlocks the door calmly, "come on in, make yourself at home! Would you like a cup of tea? Perhaps a coffee to sober up?" Louis teases him and I cringe knowing what a bad move he's making. But to my surprise, Harry completely bypasses him and strides over to me, one of his steps equaling that of two of a normal person. But he's no normal person, I remind myself. He's Harry.

"Jesus fucking Christ Ellen, are you ok?" He sighs a heavy sigh of relief. Before I can even squeak out a 'what do you care?' He pulls me into him, hugging me way too tight. "There was a fucking shoot up of a cafe down town and I started panicking... I called everyone before I called Zayn and he told me you were her, don't ever leave me like that again." He whispers so only I can hear.

As I stand, unable to speak, Louis addresses the situation. "Ellen was going to stay here... she doesn't want to stay with you so I suggest you leave."

"Louis, it's-" and within a flash, Harry has Louis pinned to the wall, holding him by the collar. "

"You wanna try interfering in my relationship again?" Harry snaps viciously at him, and slowly his eyes widen ever so slightly.

I find my feet taking me over to the pair before my brain realizes it's happening. "Harry," I warn him gently, wrapping my small hand around his black inked bicep. I feel the electrical pulse shoot through him just as it powers through me. "Stop, let's go." I keep my cool, he looks over at me, dropping Louis shirt gruffly.

"I'm sorry Louis, thank you for being so kind." I smile sympathetically at him as Harry sulks out towards the door.

"Ellen, I can offer you protection-" Louis begins, eyes frantic and voice low.

Harry's shoulders stiffen and he turns around to me with soft eyes, "are you coming home with me?" he asks with a puppy-like look. I turn to Louis with my mouth agape, and nod to Harry. Louis gives me a look I cannot understand. "come on then love." Harry's voice is smooth and gentle as he grabs my hand and rushes us out of the apartment.

As soon as we're far away enough from Louis door, I hesitate, pulling Harry's arm away from mine. "Harry, we need to-"

"No, wait, let me go first." he interrupts and I fold my arms. "I am so sorry for everything I have and am continuing to put you through, but just please come home with me and then we'll talk? Please." he stresses over his words.

"Ok Harry, ok."

....

We decide to go to my flat, a place I haven't been in in quite a while. It's exactly how I left it but just a lot colder. Harry rubs his hands together, breathing out a fog of cold air.

"I'm freezing." He moans, punching buttons on the thermostat to turn the heat up.

"Me too." I agree nonchalantly. I don't know when he's going to start talking, all I know is I miss his touch.

"You know what will heat us up?" he shoots me his famous smirk and I almost choke.

"Now is not the time for se-"

"I was going to suggest getting into bed and cuddling but if you say so." he teases, walking over to me and wrapping his arms around me. I relish in his heat, basking in the warmth radiating from his freezing skin.

"Harry," I sigh. I feel like we should be arguing but I just want to be snuggled up beside him,

"Come on darlin'," he kisses my temple lightly and pulls me towards my bedroom, "you really are freezing, let's get to bed, ok?" he smiles and I manage a smile back.