Chapter Thirty Four

This chapters a little short buT VERY IMPORTANT YO. Comment your fav thing about Hellen so far!!

All the love.

Neither of us have moved, we're just laying here, in my bed. Not talking, just resting in each other's arms. I love it here, in the heat of his body.

He's slowly and softly trailing his fingertips up and down my bare arm, raising goosebumps as he does so.

My head is on his chest, so close to him I can hear his faint hear beat.

I've never felt so at peace. If I could only feel one feeling for the rest of my life, this would be it.

Harrys phone makes a sound, beeping on my locker.

"Sorry Ellen," he sighs, moving me gently off of him.

He slowly gets up and sits on the edge of the bed.

I look at the scars all over his back, following their paths and feeling saddened by the story they tell. But also, somehow feeling happier about the fact he told me. I think he trusts me, he's right to, but I have a feeling he doesn't place his trust in many people.

For some reason, my mother pops into my head. "Do you love him?" She asked me. I was quick to tell her no. I was certain that I didn't.

But was I? I've never felt so hopelessly attached to someone, if I don't see him for a long time, I miss him. When I'm with him, I feel things I've never felt before, he shows me things I've never seen before and...

My thoughts are interrupted by him standing up, pulling his jeans and t-shirt on and walking out of the bedroom in silence.

What was all that?

I quickly drape my dressing gown over me, tying it tightly and following him out.

He's leaning at the counter, holding himself up with his arms.

"What's wrong?" I frown, standing beside him and tilting my head.

"Nothing." He says sharply, reaching into my fridge and pulling out a beer.

"Harry," I sigh. It's a bit early to drink, it's only two.

"What Ellen?! What?" He snaps at me.

"What's your problem?!" I scoff, putting my hands on my hips and furrowing my brows at him.

"You! You're my problem! God, can't I get out of bed and have a beer without you making a goddamn federal case about it?!" He shouts, his accent stressing over each syllable.

"I'm a problem? Oh, ok fine." I say cooly, turning and beginning to walk away.

"No... No you're not.... Fuck!" He shouts, throwing the beer down and tugging at his hair.

"Harry it's fine. I know what you're like." I snap, and he looks visibly hurt. "You don't give a shit about anyone's feelings but yours." I manage to keep my emotions inside... And to think I was almost... Never mind.

"I care about yours!" He yells, throwing his arms in the air. "Damnit Ellen, I only care about yours." His voice softens slightly.

"And why would you care about me? Or my feelings?" I roll my eyes and shout back at him.

And then, it's almost like he snaps, his eyes go wide and his veins are stressing in his neck and his fists are clenched at his sides.

"Because-"

"Harry you don't have a reason because you don't care and-"

"Because I'm in fucking love with you Ellen!" He shouts over me, and my breathing stops. My mouth goes dry and I feel like I've been his by a bus. Did he just say?

"Can't you see it?" He sighs, running his hands through his hair. "You're right, I don't care about anyone, or their feelings or shit, but I care about you and yours." His voice cracks slightly. Oh my god. "Ellen you've made me love you and I don't know how to deal with that and the fact I know you don't feel the same." He lets his arms fall and hit against his sides.

"Harry," I try speaking but I can't. I'm shell shocked.

"I'll be going then." He says bitterly, grabbing his coat and making for the door. What am I doing?

"No, Harry wait, wait!" I grab his hand and he turns back, looking completely done. "I love you too." I breathe, feeling a foreign sensation in my heart. "I do, Harry I love you." I smile, reaching up to cup his face in my hands, I bring his face done to meet mine and kiss him fast.

He kisses me back, with so much passion I feel he may knock me over. He grabs my waist, pulling my into him.

He pulls away, kissing my lips one last time with a soft, fluttering kiss.

"How can you love me?" He half smiles, shaking his head in disbelief. He runs the pad of his thumb over my cheek.

"How can I not." I breathe, letting out a shaky laugh.

I've been denying it. Pushing it to the back of my mind. Ignoring these feelings I have for him. But they're more than feelings, I know that now. I love him, I can't believe it, but I do.