Chapter Six

(Guys don't be afraid to comment! Cause I love reading them and I'll gladly reply in you ask questions! I'd love to hear some ideas, theories or conspiracies ye have? I'm also trying to update more often btw, we'll see how well that goes lol xx)

My breathing is rapid, my lungs burning and screaming for more air. I'm running. But I can't get my body to run quick enough. I hear the man behind me, I can feel his breath on my shoulder as if he was right behind me.

Just as I reach the end of the road, it lengthens and I have to run more. He grabs me, flings me to the ground. I'm screaming. I'm crying. I'm dreaming.

I wake up in a cold sweat with tears streaming down my face. I choke on my breath as I sit upright in my bed. It's only 4am. That was horrible.

The bathroom tiles are cold under my feet when I go to wash my face. I splash the cool water on my skin, hoping it with take the bad dream away with it.

I walk into the kitchen to get a glass of water. My throat feels dry and hoarse but the water doesn't soothe it the way I'd hoped.

I entertain the thought of calling Harry. Seeing him, even having him here seems to calm me. But no. He wouldn't have been so nice to me had I not been running from a mad man. I put my phone down and crawl back under the sheets. Anyway, I can't call him. It's 4am.

I don't know how, or when, but sometime within the next half hour, I drift off into a dreamless sleep.

Harry's POV

"Bye bye Harry." Lucy slurs, giving me a wink. She adjusts her bra and pulls down her skirt, as if another half inch will make a difference. I roll my eyes and shut the door behind her.

Christ, it's 4am. I wonder how Ellen is. She must've been so scared today. I guess it's her own stupid fault though, telling a complete stranger where she lives. Stupid.

And the weirdest shit yet is that I hugged her. I don't hug people. But I guess she was a special case, giving she just ran two blocks away from a pycsho. I took care of him though. I haven't let myself dwell on the thought of what he would've done to her if I hadn't been home, or hadn't opened the door. I psychically shake my head to rid the thought. I wouldn't like her to get hurt.

I still hate her though.

Ellen's POV

Sunday was spent watching bad movies, calling my mom and calling Scott. I told them about my new friends, my new... not so friendly acquataince Chloe, and Harry. And lastly I told them about yesterday. Of course they both freaked out.

Scott insisted on taking two days off and coming to see me. I insisted I was perfectly alright.

But now it's Monday, I'm back at work and I'm glad of it. My mind is kept distracted as I calculate salaries and wages. Harry hasn't spoken, apart from a nod when I said hello.

"You can go have lunch now." He says, not looking up from where he's sketching.

"Ok thanks." I say, tidying my affairs away. "Harry I really mean it, thank you." I say, hoping he knows that I don't mean letting me go on my lunch break.

"Anyone would've done it so stop thinking you're special or that you owe me, cause you're not and you don't." He says flatly. I frown. That wasn't the answer I was hoping but I nod and leave anyway. I actually thought he could be nice, nope. He's still a very mean, hurtful man. I decide not to feel sad about his harsh words, also deciding not to go out for lunch today, but to stay in the gallery in the staff room.

I walk in and immediately recognise Zayns face, he waves me over and I sit beside him. There's another blonde girl sitting to his right, a very pretty girl.