Chapter Thirty Two

IM SCREAMING THIS HAS 6K I DIDN'T EVEN EXPECT 600. THANKS SO MUCH

All the love.

I sit into his car with a sigh, it smells like him in here. He's closing the boot now, shaking the car when he does so.

I can't believe my mothers gone home already, I feel like I only picked her up from here yesterday with Zayn, and without Harry.

He gets into the car and starts the ignition in silence. I turn on the radio and sit back in the seat. I'm really exhausted today. I know exactly why, and it's a tiredness that doesn't annoy me, but enlighten me.

I look drowsily at the way Harrys hands grip the mottled leather steering wheel. I watch as the tattoos move with his skin, and I watch the veins in his wrist contract when he tightness his grip.

I'm so tired... So, so tired...

Harrys POV

I glance over at her, just as we reach the car park of our apartment block. Jesus, she's asleep.

I'm about to shake her and wake her, when she turns her head slightly, snuggling into the seat of my car and smiling in her peaceful state.

I can't wake her when she looks so contented. But I can't exactly leave her in my car and saunter off. Should I carry her in?

She has to make everything awkward doesn't she. I decide on the only real choice in this situation, I'll have to carry her inside.

I get out of the car, opening the passenger door and unbuckling her seatbelt.

I ever so carefully scoop her up, being very cautious about waking her, and kick the car door shut with my foot. It slams and she stirs in my arms, but doesn't wake.

I take one look at the stairs, hah, get fucked stairs, I'm taking the lift.

God, if anyone sees me...

I manage to make it to her door, poking in her pocket for her keys and one handedly open the door. I push it fully open with my back and shuffle inside.

My arms are gonna seize up if I try and walk her the extra ten feet to her bedroom, so I'll just put her on the couch.

How she hasn't woken up by now is beyond me.

I bend my knees, about to let her down on the couch, when her hand reaches up and grabs my shirt. Taking a fist full of the material in her hand, she huddles herself into my chest. Oh god.

She buries her face in my shirt and let's out a little sigh.

I place her horizontally on the couch. I spot a blanket folded neatly on the floor and put it over her.

She's just exhausted. Partly my fault, I'd like to think.

I recall the events of last night, smiling proudly. And then feeling disgusted with myself. I shouldn't feel proud about taking her. And I know there's a part of me saying that I don't. I feel closer to her.

But her mum was right, if I can't be who she needs and wants, I just shouldn't be here.

She's really beautiful, even when one side of her face is squished against her hand. I let out a little laugh.

"What are you doing to me?" I whisper to myself, shaking my head at her sleeping self.

I should go and leave her in peace...

Ellen's POV

I wake up on the couch. I must've fell asleep. How did I get in here though?

Well, I can only assume Harry carried me. Or maybe pulled me up, and I was just too tired to remember the walk up.

That was one hell of a nap though, I feel full of energy, but also very lazy. Quite the contradiction.

I grab my phone and call the pizza place two blocks away, ordering myself a mini feast. I'm in no mood to cook right now.

Ten minutes until pizza. I wonder if Harry wants some? Where'd he go anyway?

I pick up my phone and call his number.

"Ellen," he answers immediately.

"I was wondering if-"

"I'm in the middle of something really important here, I'll call you later or something." He says flatly.

"Oh," I reply disheartened. "That's ok. Uhm, Thanks for leaving me to my apartment." I say, trying to disguise my disappointed tone.

"Yeah, bye." He says and hangs up the phone on me. Ouch.

What's his problem? He seemed pretty clipped with me. Did I do something?

I decide to push the anxious thoughts to the back of my head, so as not to dwell on them.

I take a shower and change into my shorts and hoodie to take my mind off things, and finish up just before the pizza guy comes knocking.

I pay him and take the goods. One medium Hawaiian pizza with a side of fries for me? Yes please.

I turn on the radio as I eat, savouring every bite of my savage meal.

"And that was Sharon with sports. In other news, there's been another shooting in downtown Seattle today. Local police believe the victim was shot in an act of organised crime, one of many police have attended to recently."

I frown, I guess everywhere has its rough areas. It's crazy to think these things are happening such a short distance away. No city can be perfect, after all.

AYO my wifi is being a poo and I'm sorry for not updating sooner! I may be a little scare on the updates for the next week, because I have really big and important exams starting next week so I'll be trying to focus on them!

AS SOON AS THEY'RE OVER, IM BACK THOUGH!!