Chapter Twenty Eight

OVER 5K CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! I CANT. THANKS SO MUCH LADS!
All the love.

I hug my knees, sitting on the couch and staring at the tv, not really paying attention to the pandering daytime soaps playing.

"Oh you're back!" My mother smiles, patting my shoulder. Harry dropped me off about twenty minutes ago, after we ate.

"Yeah." I smile back at her.

"Sorry, I was in the shower." She excuses herself. "I was thinking, we should go for dinner tomorrow night, seeing as it's my last night here! We'll go out, just the two of us, to somewhere nice!" She beams and I nod eagerly.

"Sounds wonderful!" I agree. A night out with my momma sounds like heaven really. She sits down beside me, throwing her long legs over me. I wish I inherited her height..

"Great! So... You and Harry? What's all that about?" She raises her brow.

Just as she does I notice just how beautiful she is. Her brows are a perfect shape, without ever having to be plucked or waxed, her hair is like spun copper and falls in voluminous curls down her shoulders. She's beautiful. But that's besides the point right now.

"Yeah... I don't really know." I say truthfully. She sighs.

"Ellen, I don't care what he looks like or how he acts. I'm not disappointed he has tattoos or shows up drunk. Because it's not my business." She says firmly and I look up, a little taken aback by her response. "But what is my business is your happiness, so before you make decisions, make sure that boy makes you happy." She strokes my cheek.

"I don't know what I'm doing," I breathe. I have all these things I want to say but can't bring my voice to speak them. "I like him. I don't know if he likes me as much as I like him... I mean he said he liked me before-"

"Then what's the problem?" My mother laughs sympathetically.

"I can't be sure if he was lying... Or if he's using me.... He makes me happy but he makes me miserable. Momma I don't know what I'm doing." I bite my lip to contain my emotions. She frowns, pulling me closer to her and stroking my hair gently.

"Oh Ellen," she sighs. "Talk to him. Tell him what you're telling me, and ask him how he feels!" She says as if it's not a big deal to so.

"I'm afraid he'll throw it back in my face." I tell her. That's exactly what I'm afraid of, being humiliated by him.

"If he does that, he's not worth your time." She lets me go and sits me upright. "You shouldn't be worried about him throwing something like that back at you. He shouldn't hold that over you." She says full of anger and confidence. "Ellen, I don't think I like this boy. But I'm willing to ignore my first impressions for you."

"I'll talk to him soon." I sigh as my phone beeps.

From: Harry
O'Neills tonight? Chloe won't be there, just me you and Niall.

I show my mother the text and she shrugs. "I don't mind,"

"Really?" I hate leaving her by herself to go out with my latest affair and his best mate.

"Course not, but first we gotta get you ready!" She giggles, dragging me by the hand to her room. "Oh," she turns around, "who's Niall?"

••••

"And voilà!" She reveals my look in the mirror. Well damn.