Chapter Twenty Three

I actually cried when I saw I've gotten 3.75k THANKS YOU GUYS! Keep voting and commenting and sharing and being incredible!

I throw a couple packets of chips into my little basket full of groceries. I actually have barely bought any food since I got here, but after not eating any dinner yesterday, I'm starving and in need of food.

I focus my mind on getting all the essentials, and try to swerve it from him.

It's really very convenient, having this little mini mart so close by. Now I know, God forbid I'm in need of a new job... I can apply here.

"Well well well!" I feel someone tap my shoulder. I turn around to see Chloes righteous, smug face.

"Oh, hi Chloe." I force my smile. "How are you?"

"Great, just peachy." She has no food or groceries in her hands, just a little, square, golden foil packet... Oh. "Catch you later Ellen." She gives me a wink and walks off.

I roll my eyes and grab a bottle of wine, before heading to the check out. I feel like, if the rest of my week goes anything like yesterday, I'll definitely need that wine.

The check out guy is more than friendly, actually injecting a little positivity into my day.

"Ma'am, you're not going out in that, are you?" He jogs after me as I approach the door.

I give him a questioning stare and glance out the window. Oh for gods sake. The rain is pouring down in sheets of water, and people look as if they're literally being blown away, not to mention the thick, heavy grey clouds hovering low in the sky.

"You can take my umbrella, or I can call you a cab?" He offers sweetly. He has almost jet black hair and very cute grey eyes. His name tag reads 'Seth'.

"No honestly, it's fine. I'm not far from home." I assure him with a smile.

"Are you sure? How far?" He pushes. A worrying thought crosses my mind but I brush it away.

"Not very." I remain vague, just incase. "Thanks for your offer." I smile. I pull my coat up over my head, making sure I have a firm grip on my bags and dart across the street towards my newfound home.

By the time I'm inside the lobby of the apartment building, I'm soaked to the skin. Freezing, and probably looking like a drowned rat, I make the conscious decision to take the stairs, incase the power cuts and I'm locked in an elevator.

With shaky hands, I turn the key in my door and empty my hands of the heavy grocery bags.

I decide to change out of my saturated clothes before unpacking the food. I literally have to peel my jeans from my skin and scrape my shirt off my body. I'm soaking.

I grab a towel and pat dry my dampened self. I throw an outfit together with zero consideration whatsoever. Black leggings, my thickest and fluffiest socks, along with a plain white t-shirt that's way too big for me.

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure that shirt is my brother Charlie's. Oh well, he obviously isn't missing it.

I towel off my hair and pad into the kitchen. After putting away all the food I bought, I stick on the tv and listen to the weather forecast.

"Once again, a yellow weather warning has been increased to an amber warning which is issued for parts of Seattle, mainly in places such as here, and here." The weatherman says will pointing to exactly where I am. "Gale force winds are expected to die down by tomorrow morning, but for the time being, it's being encouraged to only travel is necessary and secure loose fixtures outside your home."