Chapter Nineteen

With one final swipe of the mascara wand over my lashes, I'm ready to go. I feel like I'm making more of an effort than usual, but I don't really care. I'm excited to see Louis again, I think we got on well last time, and I didn't keep in touch with him as much as I would've wanted. Harry said he'd be around to get me before seven, which is leaving it a little late for my liking, but he has business to attend and I trust he won't be late.

Out of the corner of my eye, I notice my phone lighting up. *Momma* flashes upon the screen. Oh my God, I haven't talked to her in ages. I answer the phone, about to greet her, but don't get the chance to.

"You broke up with Scott?" she asks sharply. What?

"No momma, he left me no other choice. He was cheating on me." I sigh, as if I wasn't doing the exact same thing. I've often had that thought but never entertained it. Wasn't I doing the exact same thing, yet I keep playing the victim in this situation?

"Well word around town is the opposite. He's telling everyone you were having an affair with your boss!?" She shouts, I can tell she now feels angry towards him. But what's the point in lying?

"He's telling the truth." I say and I can literally hear her gasp. "I guess with the move and the distance and everything... we found solace in other beings." Am I really trying to justify our actions?

"I can't believe it." She sighs, her voice laced in sadness. "But you and Scott really loved each other?" she questions and I frown. "And you and your... boss. Are you two in lo-"

"Ellen you ready?" Harry shouts from the kitchen. I'm forced to cut my conversation short.

"Momma, I gotta go, we're going out and... I'll call you later, love you. Bye!" I hang up when Harry walks into my room.

"Your mum?" He asks. I nod and throw my phone in my purse. "We should go now, or we'll be late."

"It's only the lads." He laughs and grabs my wrist, pulling me towards him. "Besides..." he smirks, "If we stayed here longer, we'd have time for other things.."

I gulp, feeling my stomach churn with excitement and my heart batter through my chest. Jesus Christ. Get a hold on yourself Ellen.

"I'd rather not be late." I squeak and he smiles.

"Course you wouldn't."

....

"Ellen!" Louis smiles and pulls me in for a hug. "You came with Harry?" He raises his rather perfectly arched brow.

"Well she lives right beside me. It makes sense, saves fuel and shit." Harry answers for me, taking a dangerously large gulp of beer. I find his reaction odd but let it go. He is right, I guess. I notice he also isn't sitting beside me. Not that I need or want him to. Just a thought. I also notice, thankfully, the absence of Chloe. I do feel bad for disliking her after only one meeting. But my first impressions are often accurate.

"How's work going?" Louis asks, nodding in Harry's direction and laughing.

"I don't think I can answer that truthfully with the old boss breathing down my neck." I smile at Louis who laughs heartily.

"Maybe you can answer me truthfully over dinner?" he smiles. I see Harry snap his head up from his beer. He's staring. Waiting for my answer.

"Oh, I don't know." I smile, "I suppose I could."

"I'll be back soon." Harry says loud enough for everyone to hear. He walks out of the bar and into the bitter air outside.

"Seriously though Ellen," Zayn says, "how's he to work for?"

"Honestly, he's fine." I say, seemingly to everyone's surprise. "I mean, he doesn't give too much away. But he's fine." I keep my answer nondescript.

"Ah! Here comes Niall!" Louis jeers. Niall laughs and bows jokingly.

"Nice to see ya Ellen." He smiles, plopping down beside Zayn.

The four of us keep talking for another forty minutes at least. We talk about everything. The subject matter changes from football, which Niall refers to as 'derby' or something, to girlfriends, or lack of them in Niall and Louis cases, to the weather. I don't feel shy or awkward being with three guys and no girls. There's never a moment where no one knows what to say. It's all very easy going, and chilled. These three are honestly such brilliant guys.

The conversation stops when our eyes land on a couple walking in the door. I make very sure I keep my jaw from falling to the floor.But there's no stopping the hollow hit of shock that penetrates my chest.

"Hi Chloe." Niall and Zayn smile.

"Hey." I slap on my best fake smile and she returns it with an even mire putrid and artificially sweet grin. I even bring myself to smile at Harry, whose arm is around her waist. But hell, his hand could up her ridiculously short skirt for all I care. We're not together. We have no commitments. He is not obligated to be nice to me longer than what he has to. Which means nor do I.

I lean in ever so slightly closer to Louis. Not so much to draw attention from Zayn and Niall, but enough for both Harry and Louis to notice.

"Ellen, I love your blouse. I think my grandma has the same one in blue!" she smiles, as if innocently incoherent to the insult she's just thrown at me. I have proved myself correct once again. My first impressions are always right.

Niall snickers and I see Zayn kicking him under the table. No one seems impresses, not even Harry.

"Is that so." I keep my cool and reply in a civilised tone.

"Mmmhmm." her long lashes bat angelically. "She's had it for a while too..." she twists the knife.

"Alright Chloe no need to be a bitch." Louis snaps, his eyes narrowed into venomous slits.

"Just sayin'," She shrugs, Harrys arm still draped around her narrow shoulders.

"Just don't." He fires at her. She rolls her eyes.

I grab my beer, and in one swift motion down the remainder of it. "I'm gonna head off." I sigh, grabbing Harrys car keys off the table. "I've got work in the morning." I say as bitchily as I can in Harrys direction.

"You're not driving with two beers in you, are you?" Zayn frowns. "I can call a cab, or Perrie."

"Oh is the recluse still alive. Man, I haven't seen that Perrie of yours out in a long time?" Chloe taps her filed nail on the table and Zayn prepares himself to defend his love.

"To fuck with that!" Harry snaps. "They're my damn keys!" He spins round in his chair.

"You can walk." I smile bitterly. "Saves fuel... and shit."

HARRYS POV

She walks out the door and the three shits in the corner burst into laughter.

"What crawled up her ass and died?" Chloe scoffs.

"Fuck sake can you not just stop being such a moan all the time?!" I roll my eyes and stand up.

"You didn't mind my moaning the other night." she grins. The boys grimace in disgust and I actually find myself feeling fucking disgusted. Sick to my stomach. Was she always this vulgar?

I grab my coat and march out the door into the blisteringly cold air. She's gone. Long gone.

Bad move Harry. I should've just told her I didn't want her going to dinner with him. If I said that she probably would've said no. But no. I drive my stupid ass to Chloe's apartment and bring her here. Now look where it's got me. Without Ellen and without my goddamn car.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!! Finally, ikr?! So, finally on winter break, which is great! Tell me how you're liking the story so far, any theories?! Please like/vote, comment (I live to read your comments lol) and share with your friends!! All the Love, C.