Prologue ✓

Authors Note: This book is currently being heavily edited and the plot may not match with the current one. As of now when a chapter has been edited to my satisfaction I will put a tick next to the title of the chapter. For readers that have been here since before the editing, I'd ask you to bear with me and read again from the beginning. I know it's frustrating but trust me this book is going to be a whole lot better than what it was when I first started it after all of this. Anyway, happy reading everyone :)

The sun had begun to pour out its brilliant hot oranges and reds into the horizon like a pot of molten lava. It was only then she realised how long she had been there, crossed legged on the grass that had that bluish tinge she associated with the seaside. Not that she had seen a seaside anytime then but from memory, she remembered it.

Her eyes returned to the rotting wood in front of her, that name carved on the cross. The grief surged with every expelled breath, always reaching higher peaks, never sufficiently soothed by her long intakes of the damp morning air. Her gaze fell from bloom to bloom. In that moment she had the knowledge that life would go on without her sister. Tears threatened to spill onto her cheeks and before they could she reached over, picking at the flowers blooming in the grass and placed them where she lay underneath the earth.

"She loved the yellow ones."

She turned her body around. Her father standing limply above her, hanging an arm around her brother's waist. They had suffered losses, but none like this. Losing Judith was a suffering none of them knew was possible to endure.

She watched then, Her fathers eyes glossing over. Her dad was such a prideful man, it was unusual to see him so... Wretched is the word I think I'd use, but certainly not weak. He made the small girl she was, believe that there was greatness to be achieved if she was willing to be brave enough to be in search of it.

From then on she had decided that she'd be more like her father, strong, independent, brave and respected... And somehow, along the way, I lost myself and became all of the horrible opposites.