Starr Academy: Year Three- Chapter 6

Start from the beginning

    “I don’t know.”

    “I think she needs to be pushed into it. Let’s not let her doubt herself out of it.” Stark looked mischievous as the boat slowed. “We’re at one of the best surfing beaches in all Hawaii. Too bad we’ll have to paddle and surf our way onto the beach.”

    He sprang to his feet and pulled me out. Stan placed my board in the water as Stark put my bag on my shoulders. He lifted me up before he tossed me into the water. I surfaced and frowned at him as I went over to my board. Two more surf boards followed and three of the four guys were in the water too. Rod climbed onto my board with me. He must be riding with me to shore.

    Stark leaned over the railing of the boat. “I’ll be with you guys in a little. Just have to dock the boat at the peer a little away from the beach. That’s why you’re paddling to shore.” He winked. “Have fun and show your big brother how you handle the waves.”

    Stan waved to his brother before he started paddling. Franklin shrugged and he followed. Rod smiled when I looked over my shoulder at him. We leaned over together paddling together. Rod got used to the rhythm very quickly and was smiling the whole time.

    When it came to the waves, Rod seemed a bit scared. I told him he just have to hold on to me and I’ll guide him to the beach safely. When it came to standing, I had to hold him tight to me so we didn’t topple into the wave because he was just a bit unbalanced. Thankfully I had a water element and made the ride that much more smoother for him, and me.

    “Oh my gawd!” My brother sank to his knees before twisting and laying on the sand. The biggest smile on his face I’ve ever seen.

    I giggled at him. “Still want me to teach you to surf?”

    “YES!” He sat up. “That was such a rush. And you did it with me on the same board. Holy Shit!”

    Stan set his board in the sand next to mine smiling. “She’s a born water child.” He winked.

    At the luau, I had told the twins that my brother didn’t know about magic yet. They were shook but understood. It wasn’t unusual for a family to have one who accepted the true world and some who don’t. My big brother was ready where my little brother wasn’t. I don’t think Derek ever will be ready for that kind of knowledge.

    Rod laughed. “And what am I?”

    I smiled at my brother. “I’d say you have more fire in you than anything.”

    Stan laughed. “I’d say. He seemed afraid on the board with all the water around him.”

    I yelped as Stan threw me over his shoulder. “If you two will excuse us, I think this beauty needs to meet some of my friends.”

    Laughing, I held on to his waist and lifted up a little. “And why am I on your shoulder?”

    He laughed too as he shrugged. “Stark got to do it earlier and I wanted a turn to carry you around.”

    “There are other ways to carry me you know.”

    Another yelp as he tossed me up and then I was in his arms. A blush going across my cheeks. “You’re right. This is so much better.”

~~~

    The twins did help me just be myself and how to enjoy surfing again. Stan helped me teach my brother how to surf with Stark helping too. Rod seemed to take longer than Franklin had to catch on. Maybe because Franklin knew exactly where his down falls were because he was an earth type. We didn’t know Rod’s elements yet.

    After lunch which some of the others brought for the group, Stan and Stark stole me away from the guys. Both Rod and Franklin were happy to hang out with the beach babes that were liking their attention right back. The twins told me they had a special surprise to show me that only those in Hawaii know how to get to.