Walk

Dedication

I would just wanna dedicate this last chapter to a fellow Wattpader, writing partner, and friend SnowBright. Who once made a stroy Live to Love, Hope to Die. A story that was meant to sync with this story. A Teen Titans story that showed what happened on the Titans end of this story. 

Snowbright, I'll be waiting for your return.

*****************************************************************

Stephen woke up covered in the soft white sheets of a hospital. He felt his face. It was bandaged up as well as many body parts. He looked around the hospital room and no one was in it. 

   Then Jay walked in the room.

"Hey, how's it going?" He asked.

  "Fine. How many bones did I break?"

 "Tweny-six." 

"Really?! Feels like 2. I feel...firm. Like I can, take on the world." Stephen sat up.

   "Lay down. You already did." Jay told him.

"So where's everyone?" Stephen asked.

     "Mom and Grace are at your aunt's for now." Jay said. "They got out. The house was destroyed."

   Stephen sighed. At least his family got out ok. "Hey, about the spi-"

"Listen I got to go. Go to sleep. I'll be back later. Tell me then." Jay left the room. "I love you."

         Stephen layed his head back into the white pillow cases. He tried to go back to sleep but he couldn't stop thinking about the night before. wWhenever he tried to close his eyes He'd hear Goblin's ckackle and see his ugly face. Stephen jerked his eyes open to the site of a figure in the dark unlit shadows of the curtains. Stephen leaped form his bed even with his broken bones.

  "It's ok. " the voice spoke softly.

Stephen calmed down but kept his guard up. "Who are you?! You've been following me all over the place!"

   "I'm your guardian." The figure told him.

"Guardian? Right. So if I turned around you wouldn't backstab me?" Stephen asked holding his ground.

"I saved your family didn't I?" The figured said. "But you..your story isn't over." 

   "What are you talking about?" Stephen asked.

"Go to the pizza parlor." The figure said.  He walked out the shadows. Stephen didn't see a face. Only a hood.

    He opened the door and left, leaving it open.  Stephen wondered whther he should be leaving a hospital without doctor's consent but he honestly felt fine, He undressed from the medical robe and headed for the desk.

**********************************

   Rodrick Kingsley led a team of security into the chemical facotry.

"Ah! This place smells like bleach!" Rodrick whiffed nd snarled at the rigid smell. He pulled a gas mask over his face before walking into the room.

       " Sir, the fumes are poisonous we'd reccommend you'd stay here." The captain said.

       "No thank you!" Rodrick pushed the man aside and walked aorund the room.  

  The team swept their flashlights across the rooms.  

"He was here last." The captain said. "Was never worth the trouble of being born, the troublemaker." He directed his men to turn right as he and Rodrick turned far left.