Doomed - Part 1

Peter and I couldn't wait to get to school on Monday. You could understand Peter, he actually was the best student, but I wasn't. Still, we really wanted to go there, because it was the only place where we wouldn't see our team.

We had practiced very hard with them, for the rest of the weekend, in the helicarrier and in the city, we'd been with them every second of the day, Saturday and Sunday.

But our good mood faded as we heard him coming, standing at our lockers. "Oh, puny Parker! Locker-Knocker time!"

Flash ran into our direction, but exactly before he would kick Peter into the locker, and probably push me onto the floor with it, a tall, handsome boy carefully grabbed me, Peter away from the locker, and Flash fell into it.

We looked at him precisely. "Wait, do we know you?", I asked, recognizing his smile from somewhere.

Suddenly two other boys and a girl appeared next to the tall guy.

"Err... Any of you?", Peter asked.

"Say hello to your new classmates.", the blond and smallest one of the boys said. "Danny Rand."

"Luke Cage.", said the tall one, giving me another dazzling smile. Then he kicked the other handsome boy, the one with the dark brown hair. "Sam Alexander.", he said, giving Peter a funny, but fake smile.

"Ava Ayala.", the girl introduced herself, smiling at Peter in a way that really disturbed me. "Think about it.", she said.

Our team.

"Some stupid idiot gave Fury the bright idea we needed 'me-time' away from S.H.I.E.L.D.!", Bucket head - I mean Nova, err, I mean Sam - said, alluding, but not quite sure if we gave Fury this intelligent hint or if it had been Coulson.

I remembered Peter's words.

...but we still operate solo as Spiderman and Spiderwoman. It's our version of me time.

Well, he used the word, but he didn't hint, that anyone of the team needed it, or that they should spent it with us. Actually, Fury did, what we didn't want at all.

"Err... This is... great! Really... really great. I just need to talk to a... guy.", Peter said, grabbed my arm and went straight to the principal's office.

"I need an immediate transfer to another school.", Peter said to the principle, who had been standing with his back towards us, looking through the window, watching two little boys fight.

Peter looked at me, wanting me to agree, but the guy already said: "Denied, Mr. Parker."

The voice of the man didn't sound like our principle's voice. A closer look at his hair and I was sure this man was not our principle.

Peter was too angry to realize it.

"But... WHY?", he asked.

"Simply because-", the guy began and then turned around. "Fury and I want to keep an eye on you."

"Coulson?", I asked confusedly.

"Principle Coulson.", he corrected me.

With anger, disappointment and confusion we went back to our lockers.

"Seriously, what were they thinking? This will surely not end in a good way!", I complained.

"I said it once and I'll say it again. NO, no, no, no, never!", Peter said.

As we passed our lockers we heard Flash whining inside of one.

"Hello? Is anybody there? Err... Hey? It's pretty dark in here... Could somebody just-"