Responsibility - Part 2

After school we went home quickly and then swung up to the helicarrier again.

Fury wanted to show us something he didn't show us the day before and we were casually walking down the halls of the helicarrier.

There were people going past us every second. I never knew so many people would actually work at S.H.I.E.L.D.!

Peter, stupid as he always is, greeted everyone looking at us.

"Sir, Ma'am. Yo, whaddup?", he said to two agents walking into the other direction. They only looked at us weirdly.

I hit Peter into the side. "Ouch!" He looked at me really annoyed. "Behave!", I said. I saw how Fury started smiling.

"I'm just trying to fit in, now that I'm an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.!", he asserted himself.

"An agent? You're barely a newbie.", Fury said. Now I smiled.

We arrived at a locked door, Fury gave in a complicated code and the door opened.

"Get in here and don't touch anything.", he said and went on walking.

Peter and I needed a minute to stare at all the things in this giant hall.

There were robots, motorcycles, cars, every weapon you could imagine based on new high technology and something like 50 people working to improve these things.

"Wow.", we said at the same time.

We ran after Fury who introduced us to one of the people working there.

"Peter, Joi? Our resident tech genius. Dr. Curt Connors."

"Always glad to meet a fellow genius.", Peter said, wanting to give the man his hand.

Well... to be friendly... there was no hand. Not even an arm.

But that just was what it seemed like, at first. The guy took his arm out of his tunic.

"A pleasure to meet you two. I've been following your techniques for a long time. Very impressive.", Dr. Connors said.

Fury and Dr. Connors turned around and entered an extra room in the hall.

"I like this guy.", Peter said. I laughed. "I knew that!"

We entered the room and there was a lot of stuff in there, but there were blankets over it everywhere.

"Even before Director Fury asked you to join us, I had my team involve some Spiderteam inspired weaponry.", Connors said.

"What if we had said no?", I asked slightly angry.

"Not an option.", Fury said.

"Oh, that's funny. You're using our web shooter out of chameleon mode.", Connors said and came over to me and Peter to push some button on it.

Peter looked at me. "Ooh, yeah! I-I had it in chameleon mode! But then... I couldn't find it."

Fury and Connors looked at us as if we were complete idiots. Well, technically we were complete idiots.

"Joooke! Don't you people ever laugh?", he asked. I laughed quietly.

That moment another man in a S.H.I.E.L.D. costume entered the extra room.

"Director Fury. I never questioned your choices when it came to the others, but-"

"The others?" Peter said. I remembered I hadn't told Peter about the teenagers that had watched us.

"-but in this case, we're dealing with an complete wild thing. Daily Bugle Communications calls the Spiderteam a thread to public safety!", the guy finished his sentence.