1% Of The Worlds Population

I laid there for a minute just to think about what Peter had just stated. He said it with a serious voice and Peter was no good liar.

Peter is exactly as big as Spiderman, as muscular and as fast as him.

The photos he takes of Spiderman are impressively near him and none of them are blurred. They sometimes even look like they were made by Spiderman himself.

When I caught the boy from the street I didn't see Peter, same was when I talked to Spiderman. All in all I've never seen Spidey and Peter in the same room.

Could it be that the creature crawling out of Peter's window was Spiderman - I mean Peter, on his way to the burning house? He was extremely tired, he didn't sleep an hour at night.

I never told Spidey my name, did I? I mean, he gave me a shoutout, how could he know about it?

I came to the decision that Peter wouldn't lie, but that he had to prove it to me first, before I could believe him to 100%.

So I told him. He grinned and yawned as if he hadn't slept for days, took off his shirt and trousers and showed me the Spiderman morph suit.

"Okay, still not impressed. I want to see you throwing webs and climbing buildings.", I said, and I already was impressed.

"Sure.", he said and sighed. Then he ran to the edge of the building - and jumped. "PETER?", I screamed and jumped up.

Only a second later I saw a web landing right in front of my feet, and Peter in his suit climbed up the wall of the building next to the Daily Bugle. He pulled the web he threw and landed right in front of me. Then he hugged me.

You could hear me breathe in and out loudly. "Okay, okay. I believe you, no other demonstration needed.", I said. He smiled.

"Okay. How does it work? If you're not a mutant, you need special web shooters and costumes that attach on walls and..-"

"Short story: We visited a research institute with our class and in the section about spiders a radioactive spider bit me. I became stronger, faster, could climb walls and I got the spider sense. The web shooters are invented by myself."

He explained how all this started from a mutation in his blood and that he had completely changed now, though he still has the type B negative. I wondered.

"Wow, what are the odds: worldwide only 1% of the population has the blood type B negative. And we both belong to them.", I said.

After some more difficult things (Pete had found out about himself by making tests,) that he tried to explain me, we decided to get home fast.

"May is okay with me being late, but I think your parents won't let me be out with you again in the evening, if we're not punctual.", Peter smirked.

He said he knew a good shortcut and I followed him. After a while we stopped at our school. "Peter, what the hell are we doing here?"

"Err.. I think we have to make amends now, in a few minutes we'll be late. Put your bike next to mine." "Why? We need them to drive home." I looked at him as if he just escaped from a psychiatric institution.

He smiled and I already knew what was going to happen. He grabbed me carefully, "Hold onto me tight, Jane Porter." I laughed. "Alright, Tarzan." And a second later we were already up, flying over the buildings and I could see everything from there above.

We were home nearly in time and as it was too dark to see something outside, my parents didn't even recognize that I got home without bike, but I told them about that Peter and I had left it at school and took a walk to get home, which also explained why it had taken longer.

Everyone in my situation would've never been able to sleep after such a day, but I was so tired, I closed my eyes the second my blanket laid over me.