Another good deed

As we were home we agreed to not tell our parents/aunts about the accident, they would've only been worried. We said good bye and got inside of our houses.

Mum and Dad didn't act different, so I supposed they didn't know about what had just happened. I talked to them for a while and then got upstairs.

I remembered I had promised to Alissa to call her.

When I grabbed my cell phone I saw a message flashing on the screen. If u see this, i'm not home, call tomorrow, k? kiss, Al

I answered her okay, have fun, sleep well, kiss Joi

Then I dropped my phone on my bed and unpacked my schoolbag to do my homework. It was nearly midnight, when I finished.

I went to the bathroom, brushed my hair and cleaned my teeth and then fell into my bed like a stone, because that was what I felt like.

I was nearly drifted away, when I heard a loud noise that came from outside my window. I got out of my bed as quickly as I could and watched a dark creature crawling out of Peter's window.

A thief? I drew the curtain away to see more. Though I was pretty sure I didn't make any noise, the creature turned around and looked at me. For 20 seconds we both just stared at each other.

During these 20 seconds I thought about what the creature would do to me if it would open my window and come in. I only knew it would not drink tea with me.

Then the creature climbed the roof and ran away. Maybe it thought I was too scared to call the police. Or it thought I wouldn't have seen enough of it to be able to describe or recognize it, if I saw it again. Or even both. And it was damn right about it.

I went to bed, but I couldn't sleep, so I went downstairs to watch TV. There was nothing on there but rubbish and the news. My choice was the news and I saw a reporter standing in front of a burning house.

They tried to interview a woman and a man, holding two children in their arms. They were crying. I thought there must've been another child in there and the reporter confirmed it.

The reporter talked about about all the heroes that live in New York and could help them. The Fantastic Four, the Avengers, Ironman and last but not least Spiderman.

Okay, the Fantastic Four are always on excursions, the Avengers were in Wakanda, as I read in Ironman's last tweet and then there was only Spidey left. But the reporter didn't mention anything of that, he just repeated the question: Where is Spiderman?

Man, he's probably still a student, allow him some sleep! He can't always be around!, thought I. But that second he jumped in front of the camera and looked right into it.

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen, you now have the chance to be witness to another good deed of the amazing Spiderman.", he said, probably with a sparkish smile under his mask.

He climbed the walls of the burning building and jumped into it. Only seconds after that, he crawled out of it again, with a little baby in his arms.

He laid it into its mother's arms and jumped in front of the cameras again.

"Thank you, thank you my dear fans and admirers, I'll sign the autographs later. A big shout out to my friend Joi Leroy, she's a big life saver too, you know. I hope you're watching this.", he winked.

I laughed. Did he just do a shout out to me? Where in the world did he know my name?

The reporter wanted to stop him from leaving, asking him one question after another. Spiderman threw a web, said "No thank you, I gotta go. Good night, New York, sleep tight.", and then he was gone.

I grinned all the time while I turned off the TV, got upstairs and laid into my bed and I even fell asleep with a smile on my face. Spidey was not my idol without a cause.