Keep my secret

When I woke up, I noticed I had overslept. I got ready as fast as I could, but I couldn't even eat breakfast, because Peter already knocked the door.

I opened it and he smiled. "I knew you would forget it. Today's no school."

I hesitated, but only for a few seconds. "Sure, and my grandmother is Santa Clause. Come on, we'll be late."

He laughed. "No really, there are exam conferences for the senior classes. We never have school that day."

Then I remembered. "Oh... right.", I admitted. That was awkward, wasn't it.

"You must've gone to bed late yesterday, haven't you?", he smirked.

"I happened to be, yes. You know I've had my first big shout out, I can't miss it, can I?", I smirked back.

He looked to the ground and grinned. "So I guess you don't have plans for today? Because maybe, if you haven't planned anything, we could.. you know..", he stuttered.

I laughed. "Sure, would you mind waiting in my room for a minute while I pack my bag, put something on that doesn't look like school uniform and ask my parents?"

"No problem.", he smiled. We got upstairs and he sat down on my bed.

I grabbed a top and some short pants, because it was pretty hot outside and got into the bathroom. When I came out, Peter was laying on my bed, asleep.

I'd bet he had been awake too, last night. That time of the day I didn't know how right I was.

When I was ready with everything I carefully tried to wake him up. "Pete, I'm ready, what about you?", I grinned.

"I-I'm ready too. Yes, definitely."

I laughed.

My parents and May were okay with the fact that Peter and I wanted to be outside all day and to come back in the evening.

The whole time we drove around the town and I still wanted to see some things, like the Stark Industries Tower and the Avengers Mansion, 890 Fifth Avenue.

Peter was surprised I knew about all those things, though I had often explained to him, that I occupied myself with those things for a year now.

"Anthony Edward 'Tony' Stark is the second coolest person alive, after Spidey. I mean just look at him! Ironman is a legend and he invented him.", I said.

"I agree, I admire him so much, I'd love to meet him, but imagine, I live here for 10 years now and I haven't talked to him once.", Peter answered.

When it began to get dark, Peter explained he'd want to show me something.

We drove to the Daily Bugle and tiptoed around the building. At its back was an iron ladder all up to the top of the building.

We climbed it up and as we were on top of it Peter gave me his sweater because it began to get cold and we laid on our back, just watching the stars. No one said a word.

There was something I wanted to ask Peter since I met him and May the first time, since I had noticed May's ring. "Hey Pete?"

"Yeah?"

"Is your.. I mean, your uncle, is he-" "Dead? Yes. Yes, he is.", he said and he told me about everything. How he had lost his parents at age 6, how he had lived with May and Ben then and that he thinks it's his fault and that he can never redress it.

I told him that I was sorry I couldn't meet his uncle but that I know he was an amazing man, because he grew up an amazing boy.

"There's something else I need to tell you.", he said and I had a strange feeling in my stomach.

"You are the first one to hear this, so I don't know how you'll react, but...

I am Spiderman."