Teamwork

I woke up earlier than I usually do on Saturdays. I checked the time, 6:20 a.m., and since I could never fall asleep again after waking up once, I decided to go to the bakery.

I struggled between going as me, (that would take at least 20 minutes) and going as Spiderwoman (which would take, like 3 minutes).

Since none of my parents were awake yet, I decided I had enough time to go as me.

As I left the house, I heard a noise to my right and saw that Peter had probably had the same idea.

"Going to the bakery?", he yelled with a grin.

"What else?", I grinned back.

On our way Peter was very talkative, probably just to avoid our problem with Fury. He even told me, that May had asked him some awkward questions about me, (Don't you say?) and I looked at him disbelievingly.

"Really? May? Does she not like me? What sort of questions?"

"Nooo, not that sort of - awkward - questions! More like... Oh see! There's the bakery!"

And those were the last words he spent on that topic.

On the way back home I decided we had to talk about this as soon as possible and right now it seemed a good opportunity.

"Pete, I know you try hard to avoid this, but the problem will not disappear when we try to forget it. Soo.. Have you thought about.. S.H.I,E.L.D. yet?", I asked carefully.

"Yes,", he sighed, "actually I was awake for half of the night, but I still don't know what to think about it."

Now it was me, who sighed, annoyed. "Well, don't hurry then! You've got all the time in the world!", I said sarcastically, but he didn't really get the sarcasm, I guess.

After breakfast Peter asked me what I'd like to do today - and since I had no idea what we could do to solve any of our problems - I just wanted to swing around New York, see, if there were any robberies or car accidents, or whatever, that we could prevent.

We put on our suits and after 10 minutes of swinging we arrived at a bank, one of the bigger ones, that was already attacked.

But before the robbers, it was four of them, could escape, we shot them against a wall, away from all the reporters.

The smallest of them looked at us, his eyes widened. "It's Spiderman and Spiderwoman! Where the heck did they come from?"

"Well, one day, a mommy spider and a daddy spider fell very much in love..." Peter began and I interrupted him, laughing.

Suddenly one of them, the strongest one, got out of the web and ran a few meters. Then I shot him back onto the wall.

"It's not nice to rob banks in Mister Spiderman and Miss Spiderman's neighborhood. Can you say 'I'm going to jail' ?", I said, looking at the guy as if he was a little child.

Peter and I laughed but as soon as we heard the police coming we swung away.

In the next half an hour we caught three cutpurses and saved five people from car accidents.

When we were totally exhausted and everything seemed a bit quieter than it had been before we arrived, we sat down onto the rim of an empty glass building. Well, at least we thought it was empty.

Suddenly our spider senses rang so loud, we almost fell off the building.

"What's happening? I can't see what's wrong!", Peter shouted irritated, looking to the left, the right, downwards and upwards.