"He ended up showing up," he answers and I can imagine him smiling.

"Really?" I exclaim. "What did he tell you? "

"Not a lot," he says "but he gave me Joshua Hoffer's adress. He's the Pathologist that preformed Luis' autopsy."

"That's great," I nod "at least we got something from him."

"That's not all," he says excitedly "he said that the police never checked the cameras on the street outside Luis' house because they didn't think it was necessary considering you were at the crime scene. So he told me he could get us access to those security cameras which will allow us to see who was at Luis' house before you."

"Oh god," I smile. "We can prove my innocence...Noah we can actually get me out of here."

"I told I'd get you out," he replies.

***
"How's prison life working for you?" Scarlett asks laying down on the top bed.

Scarlett I found out is my cell mate's name. We hardly speak to each other, maybe because of Bull or simply because she's not a big talker. Either way it's the first time I've spoken to her since she warned me about Bull wanting my head on a stick.

"It's working alright," I lie. "It could be worse. What about you?"

"I've been in here for ten years," she says "and I'm still kicking and screaming so I say I'm as good as it gets."

"What are you in here for?" I ask and I hope she doesn't get insulted. You're not suppoose to ask people why they got locked up, but I've been curious ever since I met her.

"Wrong place at the wrong time," she answers after a few minutes.

Story of my life.

"I trusted one person way too much," she continues "and when things got tough and I needed that person they stabbed me in the back and sent me straight to hell."

"That's harsh," I say. "I understand exactly what that feels like. My family stabbed me in the back more times than I can count, especially my mother."

"Are they the reason your here?" she asks.

"No," I shake my head. "Their not, I did that all by myself."

"Right," she chuckles. "Sometimes I forget your in here for murder...why did you kill him?"

I didn't.

Should I tell her?

I'm already getting my ass beat so what difference does it make?

"Scarlett I didn't kill my fiancée," I reply honestly. "I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time."

"I knew you didn't do it the moment I laid my eyes on you," she smiles. "You can see the malice in people's eyes and you don't have any."

"I should get some malice," I chuckle "because this whole being good is kicking my ass."

"Yeah," she takes a deep breath. "Sometimes you have to or else people will never stop running all over you."

"Abrelle," a figure walks into the cell and I recognze the dragon on her shoulder. "How are you?"

I don't reply, but I sit up and glare at Bull.

"I just so happened to hear that your innocent," she smiles and I suddenly know exactly what Scarlett means. I can see the malice all over Bull almost as if it was pumping in her blood.

"Yeah," I nod. "I didn't kill Luis Vasquez."

"We don't like liars," she gestures for me to walk towards her and I do making sure to do it slowly.

"I never told you I killed him," I stand directly in front of her.

"Do you want to know my name?" she asks causally and I give her a confused look.

"It's Valeria Vasquez, " she says not giving me a chance to speak. "I'm Luis Vasquez' aunt."

This is why she hates me.

She thinks I killed him.

"I didn't kill him," I tell her.

"So why did you run away?" She suddenly takes a hold of my throat and I feel the harsh and painful inability to breathe.

"I-," I try speaking but she closes her hand tighter around my throat.

"Your story makes no sense," she raises her hand that's around my throat so that my feet no longer feel the floor below me. "If I didn't do it I don't run away because I'm not scared. You ran away because you did it. You killed him."

"No," I manage speak and she releases me sending my entire body to painfully fall to the ground. "I was scared and I did something stupid by running away, but I didn't kill Luis."

"I'm going to make sure that you, " she kneels, her face directly in front of mine "feel the same pain Luis felt when he died except I'm not going to kill you. I'm going to make sure you live so that I can do it again and again and again. "

I feel a cold almost painful shiver run down my entire body as if someone had dropped entire bucket filled with ice cold water over me.

"Starting right now," she takes a hold of my throat again and I scream.

***

"You are popular," the gaurd says pushing me into a room I've never seen before. Its a plain grey room with a table at the center and another door across the one I walked in through.

"Why am I here? " I ask, but the gaurd doesn't reply she simply walks out the room and locks the door behind her.

"What the hell?" I slam my hand against the door. "Let me out."

"Calm down," a voice says. I quickly turn around and see a short skinny bright blue eyed girl known as Aria Stone. "I'm just here to have a quick chat."

"What do you want?" I ask and she smirks appreciating my distasteful appearance.

"I'm here to make a deal with you, " she answers. "A deal that could get you out of this place tonight."

A/N: Hey everyoneee. Happy late Earth Day! I hope you guys like this chapter and thank you sooo much for the 4K reads!!! I really appreciate all the support.

I'll update soon...

Comment & Vote

Love, Pam