Chapter 13: Dress Shopping

"Wow, that's beautiful!" Kayla complemented as I model-walked out the dressing room. I was wearing an emerald dress and it was nice but I just don't think it was the one.

"Urm, I like it, but it's not...I just don't think it's the special one." I shook my head as I slowly walked back in the dressing room to go back in my normal clothes. I pulled on my black skinny jeans and threw on my white, baggy jumper.

I walked out the dressing room and walked back over to the prom dress section. That's when it caught my eye. The most beautiful dress I've ever seen. That was exactly what I wanted, no, it was better than I wanted. I looked over at Kayla and she was literally drooling at how beautiful it was. She knew exactly what I was thinking.

"Try it on, then," Kayla sighed, enviously. "I know you think it's the one."

I squealed and skipped over to the dressing room with the outstanding dress in my hand. I shut the maroon, velvet curtain and changed into the amazing dress and pulled up the zip on the back. I thought for a while, before shoving my hand in my bag and pulling out Mom's ruby ring, which I carried around everywhere. I put it on my finger as I admired the stunning dress in the mirror.

It was a deep, dark red and long with a sweetheart neckline. Kayla and the shop keeper's jaws hung low.

"Oh my gosh, Sam, you look beautiful! That is definitely the one!" Kayla had her eyes wide open. The shop keeper clapped.

"Thank you very much," I smiled widely at her and bowed. "How much is this dress?"

It was surprisingly affordable so I squealed and exchanged grins with Kayla.

I payed the lady, got the dress and then went to a different shop, that sold casual wear. We were buying outfits for London, bikinis and shoes for prom.

Finishing our shopping, we rushed home, so Kayla could be on time for her date. After she left, looking gorgeous, might I say, I went to the art room in boredom.

I walked in and grabbed a paintbrush and empty canvas. I began drawing a girl smiling. That's when Ryan walked up to me.

"Wow, I heard what you did. You quit as a boy and then took Selena's place as a girl," He grinned, taking a step closer. "And I'm glad you did." He winked jokingly.

"Wait, how did you know that?" I narrowed my eyes at him, suspiciously.

"You guys speak really loudly, you know." He lightly laughed and I groaned.

"Anyways, the dance is in five days. Anyone to go with?" He added, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Nope, I'm just gonna leave the guy I'm dating." I sarcastically told him.

He chuckled, "I've missed your sarcasm, Sam."

I smiled and said nothing.

"If it makes you feel uncomfortable, I'll stop flirting with you. I don't mind, it's all just joking really." He mumbled.

"I'd like that," And I laughed a little before he told me he needed to go and waved.

I took the canvas and went upstairs, turning to the girl's dorm and into mine and Kayla's room. I put away the canvas in my closet and walked out our room door.

I went on over to Matt's room, feeling bored. I twisted the doorknob and he was sitting on his bed, in his pyjamas. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey, cutie," He winked. "I want to ask you something."

"What is it?" I asked curiously. Matt ran to his closet and pulled out a rose, kneeling down on one knee.

"Samantha Johnson, would you like to be my date to the dance?" He smirked as I laughed at him.

"Yeah, obviously," I scruffed up his hair. "Who wouldn't?"

He got up, laughing and hugged me tightly.

"Well, I'd better go now. To try out my new dress, that you can't see until the dance!" I laughed, skipping out the room.

I made my way to my room to try on the dress. I walked in and found Kayla's dress laying on the bed. It was beautiful; almost as beautiful as mine. Haha.

I locked the door as I changed into my dress, slipping it on swiftly and pulling up the zip. It fit like Cinderella's glass slipper. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. I literally am not ashamed to admit that I looked great.

After a while, I changed into my pyjamas.

Me: Bored... =(

Matt: Me too. So, what's up?

Me: Not much, you?

Matt: Me neither...so, did the dress fit nicely?

Me: Perfectly.

Matt: How does it look?

Me: I'm not telling.

Matt: Just tell me the colour.

Me: Fine, it's scarlet red.

Matt: Cool, gotta go, bye!

I squinted at my phone for a few seconds. Hm, Matt was up to something. Probably to buy a corsage or a matching item. So cute. I started playing games and going on social networking sites, since I was so bored. About an hour later, I got a message from Matt.

Matt: Hey, Sam, I'm back!

Me: Hi, where did you go?

Matt: Popped to the shops to get you a gift.

Me: =D What is it?!

Matt: It's a surprise. ;)

Me: =( Fine!

He hadn't replied for more than half an hour, so I went on over to his room. I knocked three times, then waited. I knocked again, but there was no reply. Then, I worriedly pushed the door open and found an empty room.

I called him, and on the first ring, he picked up.

"Hey, Sam." He casually said.

"Hey, I was just wondering, where are you?" I asked, trying not to sound too clingy.

"Oh, I went back to the shops to buy some new clothes for London."

"Okay then. I was just a bit worried. Bye, then." I hung up and went back to my room. Kayla was here now and was jumping up and down, squealing.

She explained to me how her date was perfect and they really hit it off. I felt really happy for them. Two of my friends had started a relationship. I mean, who wouldn't feel happy for them? She blabbered on, all night and we eventually went to sleep.