Chapter 3: That Douchebag, Dylan

I waited for the pain. And waited. And waited...? I slowly opened my eyes, confused, and saw Tom talking angrily to the guy.

"Just go." Tom insisted me, so I went to our room and left the door open, expecting Tom. I turned around and found Matt asleep on his bed. Tom walked in, and slammed the door behind him.

"Who was that?" I asked Tom.

"Dylan Gilles. He's a real idiot. In both ways; dumb and a bully. He's captain of the football team and all the girls fall for him. Why, you might ask? No idea." I went into the bathroom to change out of my pyjamas. I came out and saw that both Matt and Tom were gone so I thought I should go somewhere too.

Wearing a baggy, grey jumper with black jeans and white trainers, I decided to go downstairs to the brand new art room. My hopes of it not being too crowded were crushed. Wherever I looked, there was people and I couldn't even hear myself think. There was no space anywhere, so I left and went to the room beside it, the gym. Tom was already there and so was about five other guys who were just drooling over some girl who was working out. She diverted her attention from them to look at me.

She flirtatiously waved at me and I immediately looked at Tom, giving him a nervous face. He grinned at me and wiggled his eyebrows. I sighed and gave the girl a strange sort of smile. This was so weird.

I ignored the girl and went over to the treadmill. I ran for a while before walking over to the cycling thing. Half an hour later, I got bored and went back upstairs. Until lunch, I read and was on my phone, listening to music. I ate spaghetti bolognese before returning to the art room. There was only half the amount of people there than before, so I used a canvas to draw.

I drew the New York skyline, with the big orange sun setting. Very few clouds floated in the amber sky and there were silhouettes of skyscrapers and tall buildings. I felt the presence of someone behind me. I turned around and saw Tom.

"Woah, why didn't you say you were so good at drawing?" He asked me, focused on my canvas.

"Pfft, hey, my name's Sam and I'm totally amazing at drawing, but also painting and you should really see my artwork because honestly, they are just plain epic. Not to brag, or anything." I said in a mock voice. I raised an eyebrow at him.

We both laughed and shared jokes until dinner. We hobbled down the stairs together as we entered the dining hall. There was a choice between lasagne or pasta. What maniac would say no to lasagne? Tom and I got some and took a seat far from Douchebag Dylan.

"I love lasagne. It's one of my favourite foods." I told him, biting onto the cheese.

"Same. The delicious layers of pastry and the mouth watering, juicy meat just melts in your mouth." He said in a dramatic voice.

"So, where d'you live?" I asked him.

"Minnesota. You?"

"Michigan."

"Oh, that's cool. Anyway, are you originally American or are you from somewhere else?"

"Well, my Dad's half Greek." I explained.

"Oh, cool, I'm from England." He told me.

"Cool. So, uh how long have you been at this school?"

"A year. Minus a half." He smirked. Gosh, he was cute. But then I realized I was a boy. Or at least posing as one.

We finished our food and raced back to our room. I twisted the door knob and walked in. What I saw just shocked me. My mouth was wide open and my eyes were frozen open. It took my breath away. Literally.