Chapter 7: Minnesota Mischief Maker

SAM'S POINT OF VIEW

Samantha. Rosa is pregnant. We would love it if you visit her and your soon to be step brother or sister. Love Dad.

I stared at the message. I badly wanted to visit. I can't lie, I was excited to have a step sibling. I was going to go. About my hair, I could just day that it was a cute new haircut. I changed into girl clothes in my car and set off to the airport. I got permission from Ms. Trall. She's such a cool principle.

I finally arrived and saw Dad and Rosa. I stayed for four hours or something, then left. Since the school was in North Dakota, I would be in Minnesota on the way, so I might aswell stop there until around five thirty.

I jumped out a cab and saw a girl pass by on the sidewalk. She was the exact definition of what Tom described as his best friend. She looked tough and had her dark red hair up in a messy bun.

"Hey, I know this is weird and you probably aren't, but I was wondering if you were Ranie, Tom's friend? I'm Sam. We're kind of...dating." I walked up to her and she looked me up and down. She clenched her teeth and put her hands around my neck and pushed me against the brick wall.

"Break up with him. He's mine. If you don't, trust me, I'll hurt you. I will always be watching you. I know someone that goes to that stupid boarding school of yours." She threatened me.

"F-fine. Fine! Just. Let. Me. Go." I agreed, not being able to breathe. She narrowed her eyes at me, but let me go. "I'll break up with him."

I went back to the cab and sat inside. Then, the man started it up and I asked him to take me to the airport. No. I didn't want to do it, but I had to break up with Tom. For some reason, I actually believed her. I went to school and straight away went to sleep.

The day after, I walked up to Tom, who was in the gym, doing press ups.

"I need to talk to you, Tom." I told him.

"Yeah?" He stopped working out and walked to me. We both sat in the bench and I looked at my lap, avoiding any eye contact.

"So, the thing is, I can't be with you. I don't know why, but we just don't fit together."

"Yeah, yeah. Urm, yeah...we should." He said, but didn't look like he believed himself.

"Yeah, okay...so, I need to go." I told him as I walked out the gym. Actually, I didn't need to go anywhere, but I had to avoid this situation.

I ran up the stairs, burst into my empty room and went into the toilet and cried my eyes out.

KAYLA'S POINT OF VIEW

I hummed a tune when I heard a Taylor Swift song blasting through my room. Oh, it was just my ringtone. I checked to see who it was. My sister. Ugh, she never called me. I picked it up and held it to my ear.

"Ranie, what do you want?" I asked my sister. She was nothing like me; she was a tomboy and had dark, red hair.
"So, do you know a brunette girl with short hair? Sam, her name is." Ranie told me. Huh? Sam, I knew, but he's a boy.

"I know a brunette called Sam, but he's a guy." I replied.

"I'm pretty damn sure she's a girl. Now, you know Tom, apparently Sam and Tom are dating. Make sure Sam breaks up with him, okay?"

"Uh, why?"

"Duh! I like him!"

"No, I won't break up a couple! He deserves someone better than you! Like Sam. It's weird to say that, 'cause all this time I've thought that he's a dude, but I don't understand, is she in disguise? I don't understand at all."