The Rescue

Masaomi had noted that Mikado, despite the sweet person he always was and is, was a very dangerous person. He seemed cold when he was serious or angry and when he was in trouble he looked like he was having fun. He also noted that Mikado was good at machinery and was capable of turning a street sign into a weapon. All of those things were actually the proof he was Izaya's and Shizuo's son.

He was dangerous but that sweet part of Mika always got him. He went lost when Mikado wore a frilly apron and whenever he giggled. It just made him want to kiss him and- oh wait, he cannot. He remembered that Shizuo was Mikado's parents who reminded him that he would beat him up if he touched Mikado again. This was the worst, his soon to be boyfriend's parents didn't approve him at all.

Him, Anri and Mikado were walking through the streets of Ikebukuro liked normal people. Masaomi remembered that as long as Mikado had his phone he won't be needing anymore weapons. In his mind, he still wondered why. Mikado's phone seemed normal but he remembered that Mikado had said prepared to hear explosions. What does he meant?

Mikado kept a lot of secrets from him. The person in subject admitted it himself. There was something Mikado wanted to tell them but he didn't. What was it?

"We are here," Mikado told.

They stopped in front of an apartment building. It seemed grand and resembled a hotel but it was an apartment building. He assumed this was where Kasuka was taken after being kidnapped.

"A dagger would be useful right now," Mikado mumbled.

"Why?" Masaomi thought outloud.

"Because there are guards there," Mikado responded, taking out his phone.

They tried to went through the automatic sliding doors but it didn't open. On the other side Masaomi could tell that there were guards like Mikado said, wearing matching outfits and holding weapons.

"The doors won't open," Masaomi said. "Should we use the back door?"

"No, I could take care of it," Mikado said pressing a button on his phone.

Immediately the door slid open, Anri wasn't shocked but Masaomi was still. The three walked in where guards were pointing guns at them. Mikado yawned and wiped a few tears. He then looked around them, they were surrounded by at least twenty men, guns aimed at their heads. Why wouldn't they freaked out? Why wouldn't? Because in concept those two including Masaomi himself had situations like these. And they were still alive so it must've turned out alright.

"I'm sorry," Mikado said with an apologetic smile. "I have no time to waste for you."

The raven pressed another button on his phone.

The lights went out in a flash.

Masaomi felt a hand holding his.

"Let's go," he heard Mikado whisper in his ear.

He felt Mikado pulling him towards a direction, they collided with some other bodies which tripped over each other. They were then on the staircase in which Mikado locked the door after Anri went in.

"Mikado-kun, how... did you managed to do that?" Anri asked after her long of thought of too.

"Ever heard the concept of hacking?" Mikado said as he clutched on his phone. "I guess my phone is one of the most dangerous weapons I could use. Without my phone I probably cannot keep track on the Numbers all the time and managed to make sure they aren't making a fuss. Their actions were uncontrollable in the first place. Let's go, Kasuka is waiting."

Hacking with a phone? Was that an easy job?

They went up two floors and went through the corridors. Mikado seemed treated everything as normal. Nothing was out of place. Anri was her calm self while he was the only one who's stressed about these things. Mikado had too much secrets around him, it made him worry. Sweet innocent Mika wasn't that innocent at all, Mikado had killed. And so did he. So did Anri. So did Izaya. Was everything going to be complicated.