Chapter 7 : Unlikely Partners

SUPER duper sorry, girl!” Jans was begging Ninz who was pouting the whole time she was apologizing.

“You knew! You knew that I don't want to see the guy and you make me see him before anyone else?” Ninz was pointing at her friend angrily.

“There's something else I didn't tell you.” Jans was just getting started apparently.

“What is it this time?” she asked.

“Sungmin needs to go to the Philippines to check out the hagwon. I have to come with him since I know some of the people there?”

“If they are not on strike, you don't have to go.” Jans pouted.

Ninz knew why she wanted to come along. The hagwon employed 90% women and Sungmin is still a celebrity. So she didn't want anyone catching her fiancee's attention. Ninz sighed. “Fine. Just tell me everything we need to talk about and we can communicate online for the rest.”

“I love you, friend!” Jans hugged her.

“Me, I hate you. I go all the way here to Korea to spend time with you and you go home to the Philippines! If that was the case then you should've just asked me to stay there and I could have met you at the airport. Because unlike other friends, I would actually meet my bestfriend at the airport even if she is arriving to go to quarantine.” Ninz made a hmp sound that made Jans guilty. Sungmin could actually go to the Philippines without her but for some reason her fiancee was insisting that they go there. She has a feeling that her beloved is playing matchmaker but Ninz was not interested in former idol group members like Donghae. She wanted to date someone more stable than that, someone who wasn't in the limelight. In Ninz line of work she met the rich and the famous but she never date anyone of the many guys in expensive condos and flashy smiles. Jans felt that her friend was holding her heart inside a well-guarded fortress. She was dubbed the “Ice Princess” by some of the guys that she agreed to go out with. Only the idea of being around Donghae made her fiery and frustrated. Jans felt that there was something there but she didn't want to push. Ninz would tell her eventually.

Sungmin arrived and sat down next to Jans. Jans leaned on Sungmin automatically that made Ninz want to gag. “Must you really?” she rolled her eyes when all the couple did was laugh at her remark.

“You are going to hate me for leaving you so might as well get it all out in the open. Sungmin talked to Donghae about the house and he knows everything that my lovey here wants. So you have to work with him to put the house together.” Jans was waiting for Ninz to explode. But the calm stern look on her face was even scarier.

“Youarethisclosetobeingdemotedtoamerestranger.” Ninz said through her clenched jaw. “Imightjustaskforyourfirstbornforpayment.”

Sungmin smiled at her and said, “I would remember to tell all of my friends and co-workers that a famous Filipina design put all of those things together. There would be many people from all kinds of work who would come and visit us. So if you do a great job that means you would end up with more Korean clients or even foreigners. You can think of our house as a demo for your future clients.” Ninz eyes glittered with the idea of more clients for her start-up. “Money is not a problem when it comes to my new place. Donghae knows where the shops are and he can carry the rest for you. If you really hate his guts, then you can work him to the bone.” Sungmin smirked.

“You do realize that I might just do that, right?” Sungmin nodded.

His phone rang and all he said was, “Come inside.”

The bell at the door signal that someone came in. Ninz knew somehow that it was going to be him. But she hated the fact that her heart knew before he came in.

“Anyong ha se yo, gong-ju.” Hello, princess.