Chapter 4: Mission Incorringible

SILENCE filled the car on their way out of the Incheon International Airport. It would take a while to get to the Lee's home where Jans and Sungmin were currently staying.

Lady Lee dragged Mr. Lee to a cruise so that they could have a second honeymoon while Sungyin had voted to be allowed to live away from home so he could study in Harvard. So the couple were the only ones living in the big mansion. So hotels were not an option for Ninz.

When they arrived, Donghae opened the door for her then took the bags out of the van. Ninz had expected him to have a sports car or something flashier since he was well-off now. But a van that had a school's name and logo on the side was the last thing she expected him to drive around town in.

“Did I miss something?” she pointed at a logo on the van. “You didn't steal this van, did you?”

Donghae turned around and smirked. “It's mine.”

How can it be yours? Ninz was curious by nature. Her auto-bug mode kicked in. “Don't tell me you're a gym teacher. That's so pathetic.”

Donghae stopped in his tracks and dropped her bags in front of the big door. He walked away fumming.

“What did I do now?” she asked him.

Donghae turned to her and narrowed his eyes at her. “So what if I am a gym teacher. At least I never hurt anybody by calling their jobs pathetic.”

“So you really are a gym teacher?” she had to ask.

“I teach soccer, thank you very much. You judgemental crazy pabo...” The last sentence was a snarled whisper.

“How dare you call me an idiot after you probably broke half of the stuff in my bag! You are a neanderthal as usual. Callous guy pretending to be the good guy. Well, I know who you really are, you coward. So thanks for the most awful welcome in the history of my life. North Koreans with weapons of mass descruction would have done a better job at making me feel like I would enjoy my stay here.” she dragged her bags and went into the house. The bulter insisted on getting her things but she gave him a look that could freeze a person for a thousand years.

I really hate that guy!

This is not going to work out.”her voice was ringing in his ears. That line had haunted him for years. He thought that Sungmin was crazy to try to make things work out with Jans all those years ago. Those two broke up at least three times. But they always ended up getting back together after a week or two. And the whole week, Sungmin was unbearable to be with. It was bad enough to have a male friend who loves pink, when he's depressed, he buys even more pink things. Even the food he eats and the puke he gives out is pink. In his case, he couldn't even tell the guys about the girl who broke his heart. It was his only secret.

He pressed on his temples and tried not to cry. He's a grown man but he still feels like crying when things like this happen to him. He does it in private now, hiding his weaknesses away from prying eyes. He prefers to show tears of joy instead.

But how could he handle being around someone he has never stopped loving?