Chapter 5: Kilig Flashback

NINZ hated remembering the first time she ever held hands with that man. It was the beginning of the end for her heart.

He was running towards her. She imagined it before, way before she ever saw him in the flesh, or onstage while he was performing. How would it be like to have him really running towards her, to take her away from a place where she was not loved or understood. Sungmin did it with Jans so many times in the past, that Ninz almost believed that a love like that could be possible for her. Always, on their way out of a mess, Sungmin and Jans were together. And not they were getting married.

I guess it's true what they say, if your friend is unhappy, you feel sad. When she is extremely happy, you feel jealous. She tried to erase the pangs of pain in her chest when she thought about the man who she just walked away from her again. Sure it was not the same as before. But always when you see someone who hurt you so much, you remember the beginning when it seems like everything was possible.

PANTING from all the running that they made, the entire group didn't have a chance to catch their breath. Ninz got behind the wheel and Donghae sat at the passenger's seat.

Come on, Ninz! Step on it!” Everyone was telling her to get the van started but the thing was not cooperating.

She gave a whoop when she managed to get the thing started. There were clapping and hurrays could be heard inside the van.

Donghae faced Ninz who had a serious face as she maneuvered the van out of the parking area. When they finally got out and they were in the busy street, just another vehicle in the crowded metro, she sat back and let out a sigh. “That was some exit.”

She glared at him then started to take out her aggrivation. “Next time you are counting your blessings, you should thank your God that I am a huuuuuuuuuuge fan of yours. If you weren't such a pomposs ass, then you wouldn't have announced to the world that you were here. You don't even have a single security agent. God knows what your company was thinking letting man-children loose on their own. This is not Korea, Mr. Lee. Celebrities get trampled here if they are not properly escorted. And four girls do not consitute a security team and our van is not primed to be a get-away vehicle.” it was a good thing that they were stuck in traffic otherwise, she would have rammed something with the van in anger.

Donghae was thunderstruck that someone so pretty and so cute would be spewing all those things at him. “You're...adorable!” Donghae recovered and pinched Ninz' right cheek. “Gosh, who knew Filipinas were so kawaii.” Ninz's face felt hot, even her neck felt hot.

Dong...hae...” Ninz was at a loss for words. The honking brought her back to reality. The traffic light was green and the other cars were already moving. Those behind her were as happy as provoked skunks.

Ninz huffed then drove ahead. “And they blush too.” Donghae laughed.

Ninz sighed as she looked down from the balcony of the Lee mansion. She was not in the mood for love. She came to Korea for a designing job and for a chance to be with her friend. It wasn't the same since Jans moved to Korea to work. She didn't have someone to call when something amazing happened or when she was feeling like going to a concert. If Sungmin didn't sacrifice so much to be with her, travelling back and forth when he had time just to go out on a date with Jans, sending them tickets to go to their concerts just so she can cheer for him and they could spend some time together, and lastly, defending her in every turn against antis and fans alike who told him to break up with her , Ninz would be against him marrying her friend.

She can't be an obstacle in her friend's pursuit of happiness just because she is miserable here.

Her phone rang so she answered it. Sungmin had sent her one of his phones so she could use it while she was in Korea. It was more convenient than getting a burner phone. She needed the applications after all.

Before she could even say hello, she already heard someone rant on the other end of the line, “Prince, I can't handle this. You know I can't be with her. It hurts too much. Ask Teuk-hyung to help her. I can't. You should have seen her. She is just...too damn beautiful to resist.” the call ended and Ninz was stunned. She looked at the call directory andsaw a name 생선.

Who's this 생선 (fish)?