But she had left and his hope became nothing. He was a man that didn't give up easily, the last time she ran from him she had just gotten lucky, running into the snowy depths of Canada's wilderness was a smart move on her part, but for months he had hundreds, maybe even thousands, of wolves scouring the Americas for her.

                Letting out an anguished howl, he started after his mate's scent trail.

                                          §

                   Lym watched, mystified, as rain fell from the sky, each droplet a different shape yet perfectly made. With a snort, she shook her head as a cold tear shaped drop landed on her snout. The distant rumble of thunder let her know that the storm would be wild, the smell of fiery heat charged the air and the buzz of electricity was impressed to miss. She was ready for it though, she loved the dark, rolling clouds, how they banished the sun for hours and let her reign supreme for the time being.

She snapped her jaws in anticipation. Her thick bushy tailed swished with excitement, she breathed in deeply, ignoring the scent of the upcoming storm and searched for a kill as her stomach growled and twisted for food. She was hoping for a herd of elk or blackbuck but what she wasn't expecting was the deceptive amber eyes that she met.

Two golden orbs stared at her from a ways off, hidden by the thick underbrush of the forest, they held an intelligence that no normal wolf would ever hold. This was another werewolf and she was on his territory. She took a defying step forward and the beast let out a roar so deep and true that the tree shook from it. Flaring her nostrils, she peeled her lips back, revealing her teeth, her incisors overlapped one another.

The demeanor of this wolf gave off the impression of a rogue, from the slobbery jowls to the shagginess of his coat. A gleam of something Lym couldn't identify sparkled in his molten eyes. None of this put Lym off, if anything it made her want the territory even more.

                  With out warning, the wolf started sprinting towards her, weaving through the trees and bracken, his murky brown coat flashed like a shadow. Every foot step threw up dirt and debris, his eyes flashed wildly with the promise of a good fight. As he got closer Lym saw the many scars that littered his thick body.

                  A short growl was the only thing heard before their bodies smashed together, Lym's smaller in stature.

                   Teeth from both opponents sunk into thick fur, only Lym's struck flesh, being closer to his underside. His claws managed to bury themselves into her left front shoulder making her howl out in pain. She rebuked by twisting and yanked her teeth out of his body along with his fur and muscle. Spitting it out, she attacked him once more, fury blinded the prominent pain in her shoulder. She lunged for his throat but caught his lower neck, where it was the thickest from muscle, he had turned at the last moment, aiming for her hind legs.

Ripping her incisors out of him with a bloodied smack, she threw herself at him over and over. Coming at him, blow after blow, not giving him enough time to defend himself. All the hatred and loathing bottled up inside of her ebbed her on, begging her to finish the male in front of her. Releasing his foreleg after hearing a satisfying crunch and his pained howl, she prowled around him in circles, waiting for him to make the next move. She was ready for this to end, but Lym had always had a bad habit of toying with her prey.

Eyeing her opponent, she saw his thick fur matted with blood from both parties, his limp was visible as he circled around to keep her in his sights. She knew she didn't look much better. She could feel the warm blood trickle down her spine and through her thick coat, oozing out of her wounds. They both knew that each other wanted nothing more than to go lick their wounds to stop the bleeding, it was the wise thing to do, sensible even. But they were too stubborn to stop fighting.

Lym watched in fascination as the male's fur puffed out before laying flat once more and his tail brushed the ground, he called defeat, not wanting to have his life ended over a squabble for land. Yet, that wasn't out it worked in her mind. It was like she was back with him, and he was watching.

Her massive head was hung low in a defensive position, she slowly walked her long legs towards him, her bloodlust was desperate for attention. She licked her lips, the taste of blood and dirt from all they threw up from tussling was in her mouth. She drew her self near him, he tensed up in preparation. Her wet wolf nose flared as she sniffed him warily, his scent, moss and grass, wafted into her brain, cataloging it permanently.

With out warning, she latched onto his neck. Immediate he froze, knowing that his life was in one person's hands. The feeling of holding a being's life in the palms of your hands was indescribable, to know that with a simple movement that you could end it all then and there was breathtaking.

              She could be merciful. Spare the unknown wolf his life and take his territory, but you would risk losing it to him if you weren't careful. You'd always have the male pestering you, taunting you for it, pressuring you into a fight. Because wolves are savage creatures, only showing mercy to their mates, sometimes, not even them. Solitary creatures that hardly ever let anyone in, primal, rely heavily on their instincts. And never stray from those sacred senses that save them more than they could count. So Lym did what any wolf would have done.

Snapped his neck faster than the lightening that flashed through the dark skies.

When she saw the light fade out of his strange eyes, the rain started to fall, the wind picked up, and thunder boomed. Yet, she felt not a thing towards the vessel that had carried two intertwined souls. It was just another kill to her, but it was a battle won to the darkness that ate away at her, slowly pulling her away from reality.

A numbness spread across her, she became detached from the world, not wanting to have a care in the world. The only sensible thing that ran through her mind was to dispose the carcass of the fallen wolf off of her newfound territory, it would attract scavengers. Her lip curled at the thought of countless buzzards and ground scavengers. She grabbed a dead limb in her mouth and pulled him to a cavern that flanked her territory.

Her tail swished with satisfaction as her body buzzed with the feeling of a shift coming on. She landed on her hands and knees and she tumbled back into her human form. Her pale face was cracked wide with a wolfish grin, for once in a long time, she was truly happy.

Short, I know. School has been a bitch lately, so updates won't be as often. I know nothing really happened in this chapter but bare with me. We are getting there. If the music doesn't work, tell me

Comment. Vote. Love goats.