Chapter 9: The Blow Up

A few weeks passed since I decided to give this thing with Erica a real shot and so far it was going good. She was all about me and I was all about her.

The girl was a hopeless romantic, underneath  that tough exterior. She loved to spoil me, and even though I had my own money, Erica definitely wasn't afraid to let me know that she had my back anyway.

She was even spoiling JoJo rotten. Her closet had more clothes than mine now. That wasn't what had me hooked on Erica though. What got me was her passion. The way that she looked at me, and the way she made me feel like I was the only girl in the world whenever I was with her.

It had only been three weeks, but I was really feeling her. I still had my guard up though. No matter what side of her she showed me, I still had to protect my heart this time around.

I lean down and kiss Joel's forehead after laying her down for her nap. "Love you mami" she whispers out as her eyes flutter closed. "I love you more baby." I say as I close her door behind me.

I walk back out into my living room and sit on the couch next to Erica who's yelling at the TV because the NY Giants were getting crushed.

"Can you believe this shit? The refs got my boys fucked up. And I bet a lot of money on this stupid game." She rolls her eyes at the screen as if they could see her.

"Oh yeah. Yup...a bunch of big cheaters." I nod in agreement knowing damn well I didn't know a thing about football.

Erica knew that too. That's why she couldn't help but to crack up at me, looking over and giving me the side eye. "You don't even know what's going on do you?" She asks

"Nope. But it sounded good." I shrug and laugh climbing into her lap. "I got something better than the game though." I wink grabbing her hands and placing them on my ass.

Her eyes lit up as she started rubbing on my booty. "Don't get nothing started you can't finish Cyn." She says biting her bottom lip.

I laugh leaning down to kiss her lips. "Nah not with my baby in the other room. That's some unfit shit." I laugh. "You can still feel on it though." I smile kissing her again.

I was so caught up in the kiss I didn't even hear my front door open.

"Yo! What the hell!?" I hear Cameron's voice.

I pull away from Erica and sit up on the couch to look over at Cam who looks pissed.  But I didn't have shit to explain to him.

He was JoJo's father, not my man. He really didn't have any reason to be mad.

"I guess key for emergencies doesn't mean shit huh?" I say standing up and adjusting my shorts.

"Man don't try to twist this shit, Wassup E? Forreal this how we doing? Smiling in my face and smashing my baby moms behind my back?" He asks trying to approach her.

I put my hand up pushing at his chest. "Cameron calm your ass down. Look I'm grown, and Erica is too. There's nothing I gotta explain to you. You're my baby's father...not my father."

He swats my hand off his chest. "Man fuck all that. When you get desperate enough to start fucking bitches?"

I huff and roll my eyes. "Cameron let yourself out. I'm not doing this with you. And give me my fucking key." I say snatching them out his hand and unhooking my keep and tossing them back at him.

"And you just gon sit there and not say nothing lil weak hoe?" He directs at Erica and I look back at her. I could tell she was holding her tongue but that was the last straw.

"Nigga I'm not paying you no attention because you know what it is. I put food in your mouth, remember that weak ass nigga." She stands from her seat on the couch.