Chapter 25: Shy

Cyn:

I opened my eyes and looked down at Erica, as she laid against my chest. Her arms were wrapped tightly around my body.

She'd been here the last three nights and I could honestly admit that waking up to her was the highlight of my day..

Especially with my baby being gone. Erica was doing a good job of keeping my mind busy at night when I thought about JoJo the most.

I slipped out of her grasp as I went into the bathroom to get ready for work. I quickly showered and brushed my teeth before returning back to my bedroom to find something to wear.

I walked my towel clad body over to my closet grabbing a pair of jeans and a hoodie. I tied my hair up in a bun and just as I was going to grab my jean jacket I felt her arms back around me.

"Leaving me so soon?" She kissed my neck and then my cheek.

I squeezed my arms around hers with a smile. "Trust me, I'd stay here all day if I could." I admitted.

She dropped her arms from around me going into the bathroom to start the shower back up. She came out brushing her teeth as I slipped on my neon pink timbs.

"Yo those things are blinding me." She dramatically covered her eyes, laughing.

"Hey, I love these boots. They're cute...forget you." I joked rolling my eyes. I laced up boots and grabbed my purse.

I stood in the bathroom door as Erica finished brushing her teeth. "I'll see you tonight?" I asked.

She cleared her throat. "Damn...I forgot I had to go with Redz out DC. I won't be back until the morning. Will you be okay?" She asked.

I instantly felt a sadness wash over me. I'd become so used to sleeping in the same bed with her these last couple of days.

"I'll be fine. What's in DC?" I asked.

She cleared her throat again. "Girls. We have a little business opportunity to make some money." It didn't seem like she wanted to let me in l on exactly what this business was.

But I didn't like that. Instantly my walls shot up. I could tell when she was keeping something from me and she didn't need to.

She wants my child. I wasn't going to tell her what and what not to do. But I deserved full honesty if we had any chance of making this work again.

"What kind of business opportunity?" I continued to dig.

She could tell I wasn't letting up so she took a deep breath before speaking. "Redz and I came up with a little idea. We go to strip clubs and find the baddest girls. Bring em back to New York, set em up in an apartment and teach em' my hustle. They go on dates with these rich businessmen, either sleep with em' then go in their pockets while they're sleep Or tie em up and take it. Either way we get paid."

"So basically you and Redz are pimping these girls out."

She shook her head. "I'm getting these girls out the strip club and showing them how to get their own paper. If that makes me a pimp...well." She shrugged.

I didn't really care what she was doing, as long as she didn't get hurt and Jojo and I we're safe.

"As long as you don't touch any of those bitches." I squinted my eyes at her.

She walked over grabbing me by my waist. "If you think I'm letting you go again, you're dead ass crazy. I'm not thinking about anybody but you." She assured, pecking my lips.

I couldn't help but smile as I kissed her back.

Erica:

I sat back in my seat as Redz sped down the highway. We were like twenty minutes outside of DC after a 3 hour drive.

I looked in the back seat where Indy & Albee sat. Albee was knocked out, drooling on himself and Indy was blasting music through her beats headphones.

"So what these girls look like?" I asked looking over at Redz.

"They bad. My nigga out here, we call him Shy. He a young bull, only twenty-one and he own this strip club. Said we can come check the bitches out if a toss him some work. Ain't no clothes in them suitcases."

I rolled my eyes as I assumed Redz was talking about the suitcases in the trunk.

"Damn thanks for telling me we ridin dirty nigga."

He laughed. "Yo E, you lame for that one. But don't be so pussy. We almost there, we good."

I looked at the sign welcoming us to DC. It looked a lot like home. Not as many skyscrapers but the brownstones we almost identical.

I settled back in my seat as Redz continued to drive us to the strip club. It took us another ten minutes but we were here finally.

I reached back slapping Albee's chest hard. "Wake up big boy, we here."

"Ahh shit!" His eyes flew open and his hand began rubbing his chest. "I should pull your dirty tracks out hoe."

We both started laughing. "Fuck you. My baby did my hair and it's not dirty. Hating ass." I roll my eyes.

Cyn was really good at this hair shit. I wasn't even into the whole extensions thing but of course I let her try her new technique on me when she asked.

India pulled her beats around her neck. "Right she wanna act brand new cuz Cyn gave her some bundles."

I flipped both of them off as Redz got out the car. "Feel like y'all my kids, Albee help me get these bags out the back."

I hopped out the car stretching my legs and my body. That drive had my body all locked up. When I came to after one of the best blackout stretches ever I fixed my eyes on the sign that read "Pixies".

We went around the back and entered that way. "Albee hand E that bag. Y'all stay out front." He directed to Indy and Albee.

We walked toward Shy's office and we reached the door there was two big ass dudes guarding.

"We here to see my nigga Shy. It's Redz, he told me he here by 2." He said, no fear of the big giants in front of us.

They nodded giving the door a knock. "Boss it's your two-o'clock."

I heard some shuffling as some chick ran out naked gripping her clothes, wiping the corner of her mouth.

"Come on in." A voice said from behind the desk. I could tell, even though his chair faced the opposite direction that he was buttoning up his pants.

"Sorry bout that. My one o'clock ran overtime." He spun around in his chair offering us a seat. "Damn Redz. No disrespect but she fine asf." He clapped his hands together.

I looked at Redz. "Oh no me and Redz? Hell no. I get more bitches than he do. I'm Erica...and thank you I'm flattered."

He smiled. "They call me Shy Glizzy, nice to meet you Erica. Please, have a seat."

"