Chapter 2: Palace

Cyn POV

I hated that I had to work tonight, but it was Saturday night and Saturday nights brung in the biggest tips.

I didn't wanna leave Joel, my baby had been running a fever and not feeling well all day, luckily Carmen agreed to stay with her for me while I was at the club. She was the only person besides my mother that I trusted to watch her while she was sick anyway.

I think she agreed mostly because she knew I'd be gone until the early hours of the morning, which meant she could be in my fucking apartment acting as if it was hers until I got back.

I didn't mind though, I knew Carmen would do anything for me and I would do anything for her. She was my best friend.

It was almost eleven and I'd been at the club just under an hour. It was still pretty slow, it usually picked up around midnight.

I walk back to the dressing room and walk over to my locker. Setting the combo I open it and pull out a pink duffle bag.

I emptied out the tips I had and locked the bag back up. I had to keep two locks on my shit. These bitches were thieves in this low ass place.

Believe it or not I wasn't the youngest girl to work at Palace. You couldn't tell though, girls younger than me in here looked twice my age.

Fake asses and pounds of make up I guess. I didn't really associate with too many bitches in general, especially not in here.

See when you started being cool with snakes, you got bit and the girls in this club were definitely snakes.

"Girl yes. And then she cooked me breakfast and dropped me off this morning. She's coming through tonight too."

I could hear Kenya talking to a bunch of clones who were eating up some story about some chick she fucked that treated her like a queen.

The sex had to be amazing, because Kenya was over there swearing off men for good. I felt sorry for whoever this chick was that turned Kenya out. She was already crazy as hell before but she was looking a lot more crazy now.

I just listened rolling my eyes before making my way back out to the bar.

"Let me get a double shot of patron please" I say leaning over as the bartender quickly poured my cup. I quickly tossed it back.

I needed something to get me through another night of this shit.

"Whoah, slow down gorgeous...let me buy the next one." An unfamiliar voice speaks and I feel a hand on my lower back.

My first instinct is to slap the shit out of this dude for touching me, but I take a deep breath.

"You can get your hands off me, that's what you could do ." I say to this creep ass pushing his hand off me.

"Hold on baby girl. I'm Richie Dollaz. I'm tryna get you out this club...have you making double by the end of the week" he looks down at me over his shades, scanning over my body and it made my skin crawl.

Who was this old clown? I really didn't have time for this.

"Nah, I'm good." I say simply turning to walk as far in the opposite direction as possible.

He grabs my arm yanking me back toward him.

"You tellin' me no Ma? I don't get told no." He's looking at me in disbelief. Like somehow I'd offended him by simply saying no.

"Get off my fucking arm" I push away but his grip is tight.

I was about to flag down security but my arm fell free when some woman called his name and pushed her way in between us.