Perfect~ (Canada x Reader Lemon)

Requested by @CREEPYBRUTALPERSON, hope you enjoy!
--------------------------------------------------

Matthew's POV
The timer hit zero and the loud siren echoed throughout the rink. The first half of the game was over. Never in my life would I have thought that I would've found anyone who loved hockey just as much as I do. Or someone who loves polar bears and maple sweets as much as I do. Stealing a quick glance over at the beautiful girl next to me, I noticed she was smiling widely with excitement and anticipation. (y/n) was absorbed in the hockey game on the rink. To be honest, it was quite cute to watch her excitement. It made a smile form on my own lips.
"Matthew?" I heard (y/n) say, tugging on my sleeve.
"Hm?" I looked at her. "What's wrong, (y/n)?"
"Nothing...but do you want any snacks? It's half time."
"S-sure..."
(y/n) smiled as she stood up and stretched. "Okay then, I'll be back in a few minutes."
I watched her carefully make her way out of the row and down to the concession stands. (y/n) was so cute... Just the way she smiles is enough to bring a smile to anyone. She is always very kind and considerate towards others. Not to mention she's the prettiest girl I've ever met. (y/n) was one of the very few people who notice me and doesn't think I'm invisible. I love her... She makes me the happiest country in the world.

Your POV
You were currently standing in line at the concession stands waiting to order. Looking over at the tons of snacks they served, made you wonder what to get. Glancing at the menu, you saw that they served kettle corn. You loved kettle corn. The sweet taste of the sugary popcorn made your mouth water. But you didn't know if Matthew, your wonderful boyfriend, liked kettle corn too. You knew quite well that the Canadian had a soft spot for maple things ranging from maple syrup to maple candy, but you didn't know if he would like kettle corn. It was sweet, but it wasn't maple.
I guess it wouldn't hurt, right? I mean...it's sweet. If Matthew doesn't like it, then I can always come back.
Making up your mind, you went up to the counter and ordered a bag of kettle corn for you and Matthew to share.
Holding the bag under your arm, you made your way back to the stands. You carefully maneuvered back to your seat and sat down.
"I'm back." You said as you opened the bag if sweet popcorn. "I got kettle corn, but if you don't like it, I can always get something else..."
You heard Matthew chuckle a bit. "It's fine, eh. (y/n) I love kettle corn."
You felt completely relieved. Placing the bag between you and him, you both ate the sweet treat. As the both of you ate the sweet kettle corn, halftime soon came to an end.
The game continued as you and Matthew watched every second, making comments about the game play here and there. A smile came to your face as you snuck a glance at Matthew who was enthusiastically waiting the game unfold.
I'm so happy that he invited me... you thought to yourself. The game soon came to an end, and you and Matthew were one of the first few out of the rink.

Matthew's POV
After the game ended, I took (y/n) by the hand and lead her out of the rink. We were having a great time talking about what happens during the game.
"I never knew it was possible to score a point from more than half way across the ice!" (y/n) said excitedly.
"I know, eh. That move even surprised me." I replied.
We walked over to my car and hopped in.
"(y/n), do you want to go hang out at my place? I mean we don't have to..."
She smiled sweetly and nodded. "Sounds fun, Mattie!"
I started up the car and started driving home.
As I drove, we talked again about the game. I always loved how
(y/n) talks about hockey in such a excited way. She and I have a lot in common.
When we arrived at my place, I opened the door and lead (y/n) inside. My house wasn't too big, but to me it was comfortable, and it was away from the chaos of the city. (y/n) Sat on the couch as I went to go grab us some drinks. I sat beside her and handed her a a mug of homemade hot chocolate.
"Thanks Mattie~" she said as she took a sip of the sweet beverage. "This is really good!"
"I'm glad you like it..." I replied taking a sip of my own.
For the next few hours, we just happily talked about whatever came to mind. (y/n) smiled as she kept drinking her hot chocolate. She really is adorable...